CTD at Istanbul Airport

I recently purchase Istanbul Airport, every time I take off from there, the system crushes and game shuts down?

1 Like

Have you tried removing the other addons from you community folder and leave only Istanbul in there?

Is the crash happening without (!) the 3rd Party Istanbul Airport too? If no, then report it to the 3rd Party Dev, who created the Istanbul Airport.

Thanks for your reply, I am afraid I don’t know how to do that because I am not too knowledgeable about what you described and afraid to mess up files. Would you have step by step fool profe instructions ?

Crush is only happening at Istanbul airport

I’ll be home later tonight and I’ll try and do a guide for you unless someone else can do it before I get home.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply, real life got in the way of my computer time last night.

So, in MSFS, when you install an addon it will install into the “community” folder. (Unless you have purchased the addon from the in sim marketplace.)

Because people install MSFS in different ways, I cannot tell where the community folder is on you system. On my system, I have put it here…

The top arrow shows the path to my community folder, the lower arrow shows the content, with each folder being a different addon.

can you find the folder that relates to Istanbul Airport in your community folder?

If you can, make a note of it. then rename the community folder to community.temp

Then create a new empty community folder…

Copy the Istanbul Airport folder identified above and paste it into the new, empty community folder. (At no point use “cut” or “delete”

Then start the sim. The only addon will be Istanbul Airport. You will need to use one of the default aircraft to check it. Let us know if the airport works correctly.

To put everything back to normal,

Shut down the sim. Rename the “Community” folder to “Community.Istanbul”. Then rename “Community.temp” to “Community”

Thanks so much for your reply, I highly appreciated.
I purchased it in the sim marketplace.
Does it change anything?

I contacted the Istanbul Airport developer “Scenery TR Design” in 2 different ways, unfortunately they never even reply.

You may be able to request a refund from the zendesk support system if it was bought through the marketplace, however I’m not sure what their refund criteria are.
I think if you can show that the developer isn’t responding you might have a good case.

1 Like