CTD at LEAL with Phtogrammetry off (without exception)

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Not using it. Not changing it when I do.

Brief description of the issue:

There is a 100% rate of a CTD when loading into a flight, flying over, getting near Alicante Airport (LEAL), or Alicante itself, when photogrammetry is turned OFF.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

/

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

I reproduced this CTD 11 times. I used different methods to find the issues and isolate factors like addons etc. So I tried loading LEAL with and without 3rd party scenery - both CTD’d with photogrammetry OFF and did not do so when turned on; with 3rd party arcraft and with default ones - both CTD’d with photogrammetry OFF and did not do so when turned on. So after loading into LEAL for about 30 times costing me 3 hours of my day, the conclusion is that the sim crashes, without exception, when photogrammetry is turned OFF.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X-12 Core
ASUS TUF 3080 OC
ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING
32 GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200 MHz Ram
500 GB Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 SSD
2 TB Samsung 860 QVO 2,5" SSD

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

[1.26.5.0]

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Not tested, at work.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Have you tried turning down the quality of autogen scenery, to Low or Medium? I have tried replicating a few cases like this in the past, and one workaround was lowering this setting, from Ultra.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

It didn’t crash for me on the first try. Try clearing your caches, scenery indexes, etc.

Edit: I also tried loading in a few more times with buildings/vegetation off, low, and ultra. No crash.

First of all, obviously I have done that, or would have done so if i had rolling cache turned on, which I have not. Trust me im not trying for three hours without doing the obvious
 It is a bug that is not consistent over everyones systems, however, a developer of a scenery came across the same problem over at the developer forum. I am currently in a conversation over there providing dump logs to find the exact cause. Anyway, the developer over there also said it is photogrammetry related.

I don’t care for workarounds honestly. Why should I have to lower my whole sim settings just for one airport. Whats next? Changing settings everytime I descend and at ToC? Sorry but that is not how it should work! It is like changing half of your settings while playing Call of Duty ro example, just for one map because the game would crash otherwise. Show me one person who would do that
 Although this bug may be seldom, I am definitely not the only one having it.

Obviously.

Me. It’s fault diagnosis 101. If you aren’t even willing to try something, then you aren’t really serious about finding a fix. I wasn’t suggesting you fly like that permanently. You just try one thing to see if it makes a difference.

I wish you good luck, but you’re on your own.

In this case you should make that clear by saying it would be worth a try while troubleshooting and not that this would be a temporary FIX, because it is not a fix. I totally agree with you that it is worth a try, seeing if it eliminates the problem; but to accuse me of not even trying the one thing that came to your mind, after me trying to search for the cause for 3 hours straight, and eliminating every factor to get it down to photogrammetry, is downright rude, lad. I will give it a try tomorrow when im at home for sure because I am curious,obviously; but I would appreciate a little bit less accusations. As you can imagine, after 3 hours of troubleshooting a bug, that is more than obscure, frustated me and this is just putting salt in the wound!

I’m 49, so it’s been a while since anyone called me lad. :joy:

Not an accusation, a retort towards someone not interested in workarounds. It’s been my experience that anyone that uses the “Why should I
” can’t be helped, as they won’t help themselves.

As I said, good luck.

The „show me one person who would do that“ relates to my Call of Duty map example
 And let me tell you one thing, you wouldn do that every time you play the map. For troubleshooting purposes yes ofc, why not. But constantly? Never mate
This is why I said this is not a temporary workaround or fix, just a troubleshooting method.

You don‘t get the point do you
 I literally just said I will give it a try. But looking at your answer, you didn‘t read my comment, otherwise you wouldn‘t say I don‘t help myself when I literally said I will try to help myself by trying your suggestion. Kinda contradicting isn‘t it, Sir.

1 Like

LEAL all fine here was there the other day, try clearing your community folder

I wish people would actually read the original post to its full extent before replying with suggestions that have already been tried, as stated in the original post. (Especially when it is the most obvious troubleshooting step.)

Nonetheless, thanks for your help. FYI, I tried it with an empty com folder, complete one with all my addons installed, with everything but the LEAL scenery and once with only the LEAL scenery. So quite a few times more than most people would do I assume. It all came down to the turned OFF photogrammetry.

Was able to cause 1 CTD while turning photogrammetry off while set to take off, restarting the sim was able to load in fly about with PG off and turn PG on and off without issue after that.

Noted VERY HIGH workload for the process of turning PG on and off.