CTD at random moment in flight (VR)

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

I try to fly from LEBL to EHEH in the PMDG 737 in VR. At random moments in the flight I see an hour glass apprearing and next the game crashed. Then I see on my PC screen an error stating that it cannot read from memory.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

N/A

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Fly the same route again.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Ryzen 54 5600x, Asus TUF RTX3080, Quest 2

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Are you using DX12?

No

Are you using DLSS?

No (too blurry, but that’s another issue)

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

One thing I discovered is after the latest update, some 3rd party PMDG liveries are causing CTD’s. I eliminated the 3rd part liveries and am just using the ones provided by PMDG and I have not had a CTD since.

I use only liveries provided by PMDG (i.e. the one for Ryanair). I will give it a try with the default one.

I flew the Fenix last night and about an hour into the flight I took my HP Reverb G2 off to use the bathroom, came back and it had crashed to desktop. I haven’t had a CTD for months. Going to try again later

I9 12900ks
32gb 3600mhz DDR4
RTX 3080ti
ROG Strix z690
HP Reverb G2
Dx11

1 Like

3rd of way into a flight from ktex and back to the same issue that plagues this software - Exception code: 0xc0000005. Totally useless error code with no clue what the issue is, I guess that’s why they can’t fix it…

Using pmdg 737-600 and standard livery
i9 9900k
32gb 3200 ddr4
rtx 3090
Quest 2
DX11
Everything on nvme