CTD/Black screens increased a lot with LOD fix on xbox

Thanks everyone for your reports, since it’s impossible for me to fly in the beta because of constant CTD, i opted to leave the beta and turn back to public release version. I just hope that it get fixed anytime soon because currently the terrain looks bad, but if there’s need to sacrifice LOD for stable sim, i would go for bad terrain graphics and a stable sim than good terrain graphics with constantly CTD. Keep reporting everything on here. Thanks everyone!

4 Likes

Thanks for making this report BEFORE leaving!

So many folks will just leave a beta because there’s an issue without reporting the issue so it might get fixed! :joy:

1 Like

Eeeyuph! CTDs have increased but then again it’s a beta and they will likely be making improvements before the final build gets rolled out. LOD isn’t quite where it should be but again, improvements are on the way I’m sure.

I just tempted fate to see what would happen.

I setup a flight from MMMX (3rd Party) to KSFO (Premium Deluxe) in the A310.

I was extremely impressed by how smooth the experience was in the cockpit, changing views, panning around the aircraft externally, etc.

I got through the heavy time investment of pre-flight, got pushed back, and was taxiing to the runway and had to wait for a couple of other aircraft to land/takeoff and everything was looking smooth, no audio crackles — nothing.

Then the sim just CTD.

That didn’t look or feel like a low memory issue to me. It was totally sudden and completely unexpected with none of the usual signs of a pending CTD.

I hope the data around these CTDs are being reported to Asobo for analysis during the beta.

3 Likes

Maybe ive just been lucky, but no crashes for me yet. Mind you ive only been flying GA and small jets. Im on series x in 60hz mode. So far a major improvement. Sure there are some small bugs ive noticed but if they can make this stable for most while keeping the lod and smoothness it is currently? Then we are good to go.

1 Like

same here, only one crash in the new cj4, and i did flight a lot since beta release

i have to say that crashes on xbox for me are not an issue (i had my fair amount in the past but since months did experienced very few and randomly apart from the kodiak bug with the nxi1000 once released that made frequently ctd the sim)

i also have to point out that i have no 3rd party airports installed, the only addons i have right now are avionics from WT and orbs scenery

Also getting CTDs and other odd performance issues the last few days on Series X with the beta.

I did a 6 hr haul with the A310 from Dubai to Hong Kong, worked great, zero issues. Last two flights not great.

DTW to PHL with A310, frame rate and performance awful. A310 engines spooling up were like in slow motion… really odd. First attempt to leave DTW, CTD…

Today Longitude from SFO to Lake Tahoe, CTD sitting on the ramp looking at the new system updates after awhile. Second attempt CTD just before touchdown at Lake Tahoe.

Anyone have any update with today’s release of CTD fix? Is it running better?

I’ll let you know tonight. Before, I was averaging 2-3 CTDs per night.

1 Like

tested eddf/egaa no ctd very smooth

1 Like

Are you still seeing issues with distance rendering? I went out and got the X today because the S was looking sooo terrible. However, I’m still really only getting like a few miles worth of loading scenery. Everything in close looks really good. Just the trees, buildings, in the not too far distance do not load until I’m close. I’m running about 300mb at 55 latency on the east coast US server.

Yes, the LOD issue IS fixed in the beta.

In the beta? No.

It has been drastically improved over the current Retail Release.

2 Likes

Ok good. I literally just got the X a few hours ago. I joined the beta. Right after I wrote that message I just thought about restarting the console. Sure enough I did and the LOD even at distance looks good.

5 Likes

So far, much better. The CTDs seem to be fixed. Saved FLTs are working also.

Back to great flying.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone, i want to go back to beta but i really scared of random CTD because before leaving beta i did a long flight without issues until I parked at gate and then CTD but I’ll try later tonight. Thank you

I would wait another day or so. Not enough time with the new patch to get a good sample yet. But there is room for optimism.

3 Likes

I’ll wait one day more or until the start of the next week. I don’t want to join the beta again and have to leave in a few minutes lol

1 Like

No CTD tonight. After averaging 2-3 per evening since the beta released.

I give you the green light.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Flawless for me last night on Series X with the latest beta. Great performance and visuals. With the recent graphical hitch, I’d forgotten how good this looks on Xbox when at full glory. Very happy :airplane:

3 Likes