CTD but maybe sorted by Clearing Rolling cache

Though I would share something I had this morning.

I normally have been flying around the midlands but today decided to take off from Guernsey. Almost immediately after take-off got a freeze where I had to eventually stop task to get out of it. Re-ran scenario and survived a bit longer but got CTD after maybe a minute. Tried again but with a different aircraft and got much the same. Then decided to go back to my normal take off airport and it worked fine. Back to Guernsey and got crash again.

This all made me think it must be something to do with the data, maybe Bing itself or part of the AI. It then occurred to me that this could possibly be connected to the rolling 16GB cache I have set as that also involves the data. Decided to delete the cache file and recreate it. Tried Guernsey again and all fine!

This may of course be coincidence or completely unrelated or deleting the cache may do other stuff behind the scenes that sorted the issue. Or it may be connected to having distinct areas being cached and problems at roll over boundaries. Not sure if this has been reported before but either way thought it might be worth passing on so people with a similar problem could see if it also worked for them.

Hope it helps.

yes… delete / reset cache is very (very) often mentioned as a solution in such cases.

Thus your created issue is fixed ? :slight_smile:

It would be nice if you create a ZenDesk Ticket. I guess these cache issue is well know by the developers, but the more users report that they can decide how “important” that it.

Yes, my issue does seem fixed. I have just raised ticket.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.