CTD crash to desktop at su12

We reported this problem many times but Microsoft didn’t fix ctd crash to desktop it and it’s really disappointing, the majority have this problem. It’s not good ،Microsoft doesn’t care.

1 Like

If you mean, you weren’t able to install the update,because the sim crashes before
the menu can be reached, a Windows update did the trick for me.

Scott

The majority of what, people that report this problem? Tbqh I think that’s unanimous … or was as many seem to have found a fix.

Use the search function

1 Like

but the Developer Asobo care about :wink:

Same as your former topics, also this new topic give us no hints how we can help you.

What exactly happens in your case ? Can you give additional informations, eg. about your system, the error message from windows event viewer, in which situation it happens ( e.g. same geo-location ? ), which mods are installed, so many questions…

I also asked you while ago , where you was in the beta, what you find out in all your former duplicate posts… and still no answer :

Most of my friends and people I know have this problem crash to desktop ctd , and I did not install add-on it all and flew with the default plane, and I am sure of the health of the computer, but the crash to desktop made us avoid this simulator.

good, a first info.

Then let us go further with collecting informations . We believe you that you get a CTD, we just need to find out whether and how we can possible avoid it, or whether its realy a topic for the bug section. Very often we can help the users with some system settings, etc. . But we need infos :slight_smile:

Have you may be find out some common-things when its happens ? As example we know that some rare geo-locations can still cause issues.

Also, to get an idea what can be the reason, can you open the windows event viewer and check for the reported error message ? ( see also a howto about the windows event viewer : Game Crashes at Launch - #14 by MichaMMA )

Also for interesst might be some basic informations about your system ( CPU, RAM, Free Disc Space , Driver Versions, etc. ).

As more infos, as higher is the chance we find a good hint or a user remember similar problem and we have the solution already somewhere in a forums topics.

We are flying over Iran country
And my computer: ram 16gb, gtx1650 super, cpu i5 10400f , and install simulator on HDD drive
But my friends have this problem with much more powerful systems…

okay… I see a possible point in the system configuration because of the 16gig RAM “only”. Some users run into issue with the windows pagefile, depends on free-disc-space. Is not necessary the case at your system, but who knows. As mentioned, the message from the windows event viewer would give more hints. You can also check the app-data folder, where possible a file called “CrashReport” is located after a crash.

The thing is, there is not “one CTD”. A “Crash-To-Desk” can happens as so many different reasons and can be so different , that it is allways necessary to check it deeply.

Some flight-groups have also a “home area” where they fly often. In case there is a issue with the map-data in that area, the chance is high to get allways the ctd. Thus, possible notice the area where it happens and sometime users already reported critical areas/airports.

1 Like

Anyway, I hope to find a solution to this common problem

After I updated to SU12 the game keeps crashing on startup. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times but every time I reinstall it takes me days because it’ll load until a certain file then stop. So I have to open task manager to close down the game, delate the last edited file then open it up again just for it to go through another file or two. After repeating this 50 or so times it finally finishes day later, and still crashes on startup. Help please!

Please report this problem(crash) to the developer

not sure what exactly is meant :slight_smile:

You mean the possible problem related to the windows pagefile ? That not a bug related to the game, thats a windows system setting. We recommend for users with 16gig RAM to set “for a test-case” the pagefile size “manually” instead of “System managed”. As example set a minimum value of 16GIG and a maximum value of 32GIG.
But as mentioned, without any hint what happens on your system, e.g. what is the error message , we can say nothing special.

@hcgarber many reasons possible. We have more specific topics related to the situation “crash while startup” and for the different thing “loop in download / decompress”.

Here is one of the topics: Msfs crashing half way through startup - #38 by curiousmax1407

May be thats helpfull info-source for the first moment.

But there are other topics in special for the issues while install the game and e.g. decompressing.

No message is given after the crash CTD…

I doing before

In windows event log is in case of a crash allways a message. Its unfortunality often a general error number, but sometime it can give a hint.

Whehter a file “CrashReport” exist in each case, I’am not sure. Seems relativ new feature of MSFS to create a crash-file.

the 1001… hmmm… the important infos are in the text below the “P1” ( e.g. is a specific dll mentioned ? )

There are also hints in the topic where you post two hours ago.

As example:

and of course all the other hints before that. If you have wireless devices, or old outdated sound-drivers/ tools, etc. . It is all mentioned within the topics. I know, its not easy to find something, but there are lots of things you can check. E.g. If you find that you have wireless-devices connected, then you can easy avoid crashs.

This happened to me last night! MSFS was working absolutely fine in the morning. I never had this before and I am positive that I did not change anything.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.31.22.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.31.22.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x0000000001e189d0
Faulting process ID: 0xa28c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d963b5908192d1
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.31.22.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.31.22.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: eed0db06-b853-48df-b50c-d123258b6837
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.31.22.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App