CTD on final approach

For addons I only have Aerosoft Simple Traffic and FBW A32NX Stable

Check your livery mods for the A32NX. They may cause some issues!

I believe you may have the “live weather bug” which is affecting a lot of folks.
Stutters, than CTD.
Try with a preset weather and see if it still happens.
Ensure you have the latest stable version of the FBW A320.

It’s just possible this is related to a Nvidia driver issue.

You may want to try turning off the HAGs switch in Windows and then back down the sim graphics one notch.

It worked for me. No more graphics or CTD issues.

I’ve managed to land in Gibraltar tonight without any problem. So it seems that at least in my case it was Asobo’s server issues :slight_smile:

I had two CTDs on final into CYUL ILS 24R in the CRJ900 this week. Going to try again tonight to see if I can replicate.
John

I was having regular CTDs on longer flights. Turning off rolling cache fixed it for me.

Try it with live weather off, using a preset weather.
A lot of posts here on this CTD lately and live weather seems to be the culprit

Yes, in a dreamliner every flight until I switched off live weather and deleted and disabled running cache. After that it’s not nearly good enough but 4 crashes a day in stead of 4 every hour? I’ll take it.

SAME. Have been experiencing CTD every time I fly on approach. It’s driving me crazy.

2 Likes

Me too buddy today. Its because they are tempering with the servers, 1815 - 1915 Washington time.

Right pain. They keep tweaking stuff and it’s causing all sorts of issues.

The Boeing 787 has issues now not powering up engine on and off in flight and clicking the Gen buttons constantly.

Right chew on.

In having issues with the dreamliner. Engine 1, on and off after FL30. And the AP, At is absolutely shambolic

Happens with stock or paid for airplanes. Happens on RNAV, ILS and even visual approaches. It usually occurs at some time after your last descent instructions but before you see the runway. More often after longer flights. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

1 Like

Same here, did you solve this.

CTD its big problem i have always ctd in su12 and my friends have a same problem…ctd crash to desktop ,very bad problem .please fix

The problem is not specific to one airport. I got the same CTD from NZWP. It’s specific to some airport, that’s all. I switched airport and everything was fine.

At first I thought the problem arose from the New Zealand WU. I tried everything: updated C++, connect/disconnect from my account, updated NVidia drivers, turned graphics down, switched plane from a complex to a simple one, tried a FPL without point of interests, tried without FPL, tried with/without ATC, etc…, nothing worked. Every time I got on the taxiway close to one of the entry points of the runway… CTD. If I tried the other entry point it was CTD when I started taking off.

I then switched airport to one in another country and the sim worked fine. Went back to NZ and tried another airport, went fine also. The sim really disliked NZWP. Didn’t try every airport in the sim naturally but my conclusion is this: there is some data in or around some airports that the sim really dislike and doesn’t know what to do with. Asobo has to find out what it is and write some code to check and repair every airport in the sim or modify MSFS so that it is not sensitive to that type of data. That’s all.

Hi there,

I had the same problem 4 flights in row yesterday and today. Now msfs2020 simply refuses to even load a flight and after click on FLY start loading and stuck almost after maybe 80% of blue line.

any suggestions?

If you ever installed the map mod, that often causes this.

I have been testing other aircraft and when I use the 737-700 or the A32NX there is no problem, only when I use the 787-900 it doesn’t always but often CTD on landing. [MODERATOR EDIT: Removed an addon that alters licensed data]

I’m having this same issue also but with asobo’s 747. Immediately after i’ve plugged in ILS 04R ALANA descending into Honolulu international, the game will freeze and eventually lead to CTD’ing. This is all in Safe mode btw too.