CTD during every aircraft resync

Wondering if other could test this as well for me. I am doing some updates on an aircraft. Since the world update and SDK 14.1 I get a CTD every time I attempt to resync/reload changes. Community folder is empty except for the aircraft mod I am working on.

3 Likes

I can confirm you i also gets CTD too, when trying to resync. So obviously something is wrong with the update

3 Likes

Same here, CTD every time, every aircraft. Am on latest SDK. WU6.
Sounds to me there is a rather major SDK incompatibility issue with WU6.
Installed a fresh copy of the SDK just to be sure but no joy.

2 Likes

I’ll try rebuilding an aircraft from project source in a few hours when I can, may just work.

1 Like

I really hope asobo can provide some direction on this. I’m stuck without being able to do any release updates on mods or scenery. I haven’t yet tried to recompile one of my aircraft. But I’ll give it a try today.

1 Like

Will be able to try in an hour or so and post results here.

Nope…CTD :frowning:

Oh this very bad news. Looks like no updates for a while.

1 Like

Yeah this shipwrecks development until fixed. CTD on empty Community folder save the one project I just rebuilt afresh. No good at all.

1 Like

Some progress…resync works IF you open a project.xml file and select a package. That’s great if you have the sources for a project. However this does not help if you’re doing a mod (Vertigo, Grravel, etc) … as we do not have the original project source (VL-3, Savage Cub, etc).
It also does not help if you do liveries…need to resync a lot…CTD.

2 Likes

let’s see if they do a hotfix, that shouldn’t take long.

I’ve attempted to resync while having an aircraft project loaded. no CTD but the sim freezes and has to be force quit.

1 Like

I’m even crashing in the welcome screen if I try to resync there.

Can confirm, loaded a d u m m y project from before SU5 (just named no assets) and it still CTDed during resync.

1 Like

Always CTD’s when doing a resync here too.
Also posted this bug here: CTD with resync SDK 14.1 after WU6 - MSFS DevSupport

2 Likes

Confirmation here. When opening up a d u m m y (lol the forum censored this word) project (to access the aircraft editor) resync results in a CTD. I’ve also had one instance where the sim locked up and became unresponsive.

I’ve just tested loading the Project file for my aircraft (which has the source files) and making an edit of the .cfg files (using a text editor and not the aircraft editor) and resyncing seems to be working without causing the CTD. I wasn’t editing the source .cfg files. I was editing the files in the Package folder which is made after compiling the project.

It’s a workaround for myself but for anyone without access to the Project file it’s going to be an issue. I wonder if you could create a ■■■■■ project folder and copy the aircraft into the Packages folder. That’s the folder I was editing, I wasn’t saving or rebuilding the package so I don’t know if you’d even need the source files.

I really wish you could do live edits flight dynamics and engine changes without needing to resync. That would really make tuning FDE easy.

3 Likes

I’ve rolled back to SDK 13, which builds fine still, however aircraft resync doesn’t always seem to actually resync anything.

Are you sure you are back on SDK 0.13 ?

You have installed it but when you launch a BUILD either manually (fspackagetools.exe) or via the DEV Mod you call a binary that is not in the SDK (C:\MSFS_SDK) but a binary that is in the simlator (ie in the DEV MOD) so I think you are only using the examples of the SDK 0.13 but you are compiling with the last SDK included in the flightsimulator.exe.

Last response from Eric at Asobo taken from this topic over at the devsupport forum:
The CTD is actually fixed on our side - you should recover the capability with the next update. Apologies for this.

EDIT: in the meantime, you should be able to avoid the crash by loading & editing say the SimpleAircraft sample from the SDK.

2 Likes

So the workaround would be to keep the sample project open while we modify our own planes? is it so?