CTD during flights

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

CTD During flight from KTEX-KONM
Live weather
MP Off
Photo On
Bing On

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

N/A

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

None required, most flights this is now occuring.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

i9 9900k
RTX 3090
32gb DDR4 3200
NVME storage
Quest 2
No overclocking!

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.27.17.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.27.17.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001ceaa14
Faulting process ID: 0x3f74
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8bbbc51ed8bec
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.27.17.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.27.17.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: 4b70b0b4-c885-43e3-99bb-1e386f070ca2
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.27.17.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Are you using DX12?

No

Are you using DLSS?

Yes, quality

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

For anyone else having simlar issues, this almost certainly appears related to having live weather enabled for my case.

I did a further two flights in excess of 1 hour each in the 737-600 (custom liveries) without live weather and I had no issues at all. Of course I have no idea if enabling MP & live traffic would cause the same issue but I have lost patience now with the persistent issues.

Last week turning off many (if not all) of these live services removed the crashing issues that were doing the rounds (I purposely did not update Windows and yet it became ‘fixed’ anyway) so it seems unlikley there is not a link with the crashing and having them on.

Todays beta testing;

Before when crashing consistently at random times:

Online On
Photo On
Bing On
Live Weather On

MP Off
Live Traffic Off

And with no crashing:

Online On
Photo On
Bing On