CTD during load and occasionally in flight

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
Tried with and without content in Community folder. No difference.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
About 2/3 of the time when trying to load MSFS, just over halfway through the loading process it will CTD. Not all of the time, which is really odd. I’ve tried it with the Community folder empty, and after removing the Marketplace items I’ve purchased.

I’ve tried reinstalling the simulator. I’ve made sure all firmware and software is up to date, and I’ve got no overclocks or anything like that. Reinstalled .net framework. WIndows up to date. Nvidia up to date.

I had zero crashes to desktop from August last year until 1.18.13.0. Since then I’ve had nearly six dozen.

I’ve at wits end and cannot figure out what’s causing it. All I know is when crashes just after it makes the Content.xml file. Does anyone have any ideas?

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
n/a

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
n/a

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
i7-10750 6-core CPU, 32 GB DDR4 ram, and Nvidia RTX 2060 GPU with 6bg of memory. Two 1TB M.2 NVMe SSDs. Windows 10 is at 20H2 update, Nvidia up to date.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
1.18.13.0 thru 1.18.15.0

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
n/a

Previous, similar topic of mine. Crashing during loading after 1.18.14.0 update - Edit: NOT Resolved. Cannot get sim to load

Have you tried different planes, or do you load the same one, at the same location every time?

I’ve tried different default and modded planes at default and addon airports. Doesn’t seem to make a difference.

Sometimes I can get it to load 10 times in a row with no changes, and then the 11th time it crashes during sim load and from there on out it wont load until I delete the Content.xml file.

Othertimes, on successive launches it wont load, will load, wont load will load. Load 3 times, then wont load. Etc. Seemingly completely random.

I had removed an addon (Bush League Legends XCub Enhancement 2.5) and got it to load 12+ times after that, no problem. Thought I had fixed it. Then had another CTD during load, and back to the old routine. Cleared everything from the Community folder again, Content.xml, and still CTD.

It’s gotta be something with the core sim. The only thing left, as a user, is “buy a new computer and keep your fingers crossed”. Not gonna happen of course. It worked fine up until recent sim updates. And no other sim has this issue (DCS, Train Sim World, etc).

I’ve been experimenting with Microsoft’s Process Monitor - like strace, it dumps everything an application tries to do , file i/o, events etc. To my surprise it doesn’t seem to slow MSFS down at all or at most marginally (haven’t tried it while actually flying yet !). I thought it would mean MSFS took three times as long to start up.

It’s non invasive AFAICS, no install, it’s just a single executable. It might be worth a go. Until Asobo get the log code written (hint hint).

Still have no luck with this. Still crashing randomly.

I did notice, however, that my GPU is spiking at the moment of the sim CTD.

IF this is accurate, its showing spikes up to 1885 and 1905 MHz. The GTX2060 is rated to 1650 MHz.

Does this mean anything? I have made NO changes to the graphics card. NO overclocking or anything like that.

Again, I had no problems with CTD from August 2020 until August 2021, and Sim update 5, when it all started.