CTD each time after selecting plane and airport and clicking on fly

Hello!

Ich have the exact same problem since the last big update. Have tried reinstalling, updating driver etc. nothing works. Really frustrated right now. There has to be solution somewhere…

I too am having CTD issues, same as above in FreeFlight, created a Flight pan, click on ready to Fly
I was able to run normally with current version 1.27.21.0. But since a couple days ago. I am not able to FreeFlight.
Tried different aircraft, creating a short flight.
There’s nothing in the Community folder
Tried Repair
I tried a few of the steps here, with no change
Fault bucket 1599167045803452784, type 5

I am really not keen on doing a clean install, it takes nearly two days to get everything reloaded, not including having to redo all the activities I’ve completed
Running MS Store Premium
Win11 Pro
32GB Ram
Radeon Rx6800 XT

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

choosing plane and airport. Click “FLY” and it crashes to desktop every time. I’ve reinstalled Windows 11 and Flight Simulator and the issue still happens. Frustrating.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Yes, I did try that. Does not work in that case either. Also, any other mode like Bush Trips / Discovery Flights all run in the very same network. Except for the free flight mode (World Map).

I appear to have resolved the CTD at Ready to Start
I had some previous saves, decided to run one of those; LFBD to KSEA (for reasons…)
Seemed to load LFBD, then tried creating LFBD to KSEA from the World map
Started at my selected Ramp, ready for start up
Created another flight plan from the world map, seems OK now

I have the exact same problem. Started after upgrading to Windows 11. Can do training missions and discovery flights. Crashes every time when I go to world map, choose a departure, loads in departure runway and click fly now. Have tried many solutions. May have to roll back windows 10 but I hate to do it because it’s the only problem I’m having with windows 11.

Hello Johnny,
Since you issue and mine appear to be the same, CTD after selecting Ready to Fly.
Do you have a save .flt file created, probably starting at an airstrip.
I appear to have mine fixed, Free Flight appears to work normally

Give it a shot, see if it works for ya

I also have the same problem, I can use landing challenges and training mode, even top gun activities but when I try to fly from the world map it will just crash. I have been trying to fix this for two days and have tried many things across ~3 different forums and YouTube tutorials

this worked for me and then it randomly stopped working and I get CTD when using this method…

1 Like

Hi - after the recent update (which when I read the release notes) seems to indicate it fixes crashing. However, after trying it … same problem. Sigh.

What worked for me to avoid this was to load .flt files, then everything started working normally.

I have figured it out now, so looks like whenever I spawn in anywhere at an airport it will CTD, you have to spawn in the air and land at the airport you want to start from…

1 Like

I do have the same issues. Clicking „Ready to Fly“ at airport → CTD
Clicking RtF mid air → works

1 Like

What do you mean by that? What exactly are you doing to avoid the CTD? Sorry for the questions, I am an absolute beginner :smiley:

Click anywhere on the world map (just NOT an airport) and select it as departure

Mine is crashing even when starting airborne. :frowning:

Starting airborne does not work for me either. Support tol;d me a few weeks ago to wait for a patch. None has shown up yet.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

When fly locks progam up there is no Event at that time
When I hit the end task there is no event but the msfs closed.
My pc doesn’t go to desktop ending on hitting fly button. Some times it work and now lately no joy. 3’d fresh download of entire program submitted request ticket no help " Request #172393 All versions - Stuck or crashing when clicking “Fly” or loading an airport"
About to just give up on this only Game I play. Sad replies from support…

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Dont believe this is for this issue but only 1001 id
If on PC
Fault Bucket ID 1679096827932107238, type 5
Event Name: AppHangB1
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: mmc.exe
P2: 10.0.22621.1
P3: 151c64e4
P4: 377b
P5: 67246080
P6:
P7:

is the windows management console …

Try in each case a system check like sfc /scannow, dism, chkdsk…

Thanks for the msg. I did try the sfc and the chkdsk the sfc found some things and did a repair. chkdsk nothing found. The dism didn’t try due to not understanding it.
Still locks up. It is so spastic. Like I booted into the sim safe mode then exited to desktop. Loaded gam picked plane, and source airport KATL and no destination. Hit FLY, and it loaded properly. Didn’t fly out, but then ESC and exited properly, reloaded game same airport and plane, but picked a DESTINATION also, same airport and clicking FLY goes grey and just locks up. Hope somone fixes this soon. Next step might try loading this game on my older laptop that I used to run on, and see what happens there…
Thanks…
't