CTD each time after selecting plane and airport and clicking on fly

is it same error message then ?

I remember some topics with similar sympthoms. Are you sure that you never had google-maps-replacement mod installed ?

My World map flights used to work normal until two days ago. Now CTD when I hit Ready to Fly. Other activities, discovery flights etc. working without a hitch. If I select a ā€œcustomā€ up in the air spot as departure there is no crash, but selecting an airport causes CTD. Really annoying, as I just bought MSFS last week. Luckily Iā€™ve got X-Plane 12 installed so Iā€™m not totally out of optionsā€¦

Solved! I tried the below and it works.

Workaround: ASSISTANCE OPTIONS > NOTIFICATIONS > OBJECTIVES should be set to OFF.

Kudos to dbckd999 who posted the solution on this forum (i tried to add a link, but not allowed).

1 Like

I am having similar issues. The PC is roughly a week old since it was built. I can do all the trainings except BUSH (thats CTD) and the world map CTD when I click Readt to fly. I am not super in with the terminology on computers so please excuse me. I am running windows 10 pro and the game was purchased and downloaded from Microsoft. Everything is up to date and there isnā€™t any addons.

Mirosoft flight sim support advised me to install the latest beta. After that install my problem was resolved. Link to install beta below
Dave
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/read-first-welcome-to-the-sim-update-11-beta/548946

Iā€™ve been having CTDā€™s for many months with no remedy after trying EVERY tip I could find. Finally found out why I have them. I have the MS Store version and it creates a virtual drive for the MS Game Pass games installed on my system. I loaded event viewer to spot any errors and I found many instances of the ā€œDisk drive surprise removedā€ error. Loaded up Device Manager and expanded the disk drive option in the list. Sure enough, there is a drive simply labeled Xvd. Thatā€™s the MS Game Pass virtual drive, I think.

I started MSFS multiple times to see what happens when I have a CTD. And EVERY time my game crashed the virtual drive was removed from Device Manager. When the drive reappeared, I disabled it, but I found that the sim would not run for the virtual drive was not present.

The solution that worked for me was to uninstall the Xvd (virtual drive) in Device Manager, then I went to the MS Store to re-install the sim again. But I pointed the installation to the drive where I have the sim already installed and the install took just a second. Now I have no more CTDā€™s. I have to conclude that somehow the virtual drive file got corrupted. I do have the Xbox Series X version too so maybe there are some sync issues there. Hope this wasnā€™t too long winded but I hope this helps.

MODERATOR EDIT:
This post merged into this topic.

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes / None

Brief description of the issue:

Crash to desktop at Ready To Fly

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Canā€™t - itā€™s crashed

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Choose free flight from two local airports, loads ok, click [Ready to Fly] and the app crashes.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

AMD Ryzen 3700X, 32Gb RAM, RX580 8GB, 750W PSU, 1TB SSD, Windows 11 Pro.

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Fault bucket 1599167045803452784, type 5

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Amazing! Itā€™s solved! Thank you SOOOOO much @AndUhl55!!

I ended up reformatting the c drive and reinstalling windows 11 doing all the updates and everything and that finally fixed the issue. I think I had some kind of a leftover issues on driverā€™s files. Something that was screwing everything up but now it seems to be working well. Thanks for all the help guys and gals

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video: