Ctd every time I use A320 fly by wire

is absurd,
when I use a320 flyByWire it crasch while loading the scenario.
with the other planes everything is ok.
Am I the only one?

Probably not.

The FlyByWire mod is likely to be unstable after any update, as it is a third party-mod and not a first-party code. If you have the addon through the marketplace, remove it for now, and use the official FlyByWire installer to install the latest version.

If it is still having issues, you may need to switch to the dev branch as it will see more regular updates and may have a fix for your current unhandled exceptions which are causing the CTDs.

Edit: As this post is about a third-party addon, you’re probably better off posting it in #third-party-addon-discussion:aircraft category. In part because this category is for the base sim, but also because some of the FBW team do monitor that category. You might be able to move your post by clicking on the pencil (edit) icon next to your topic title.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestions.
he had already done all the tests you wrote, but with no positive result.
I just hope for the fix that will come

I’ve done 5 flights this week with the dev version of the FBW a320 and everything has been fine. Try doing a complete reinstall of the FBW model, and take everything out of your community folder, except the FBW model and see how it goes. Make sure it is the dev model. Good luck!

i m having the same problem…i installed the fbw 320 from content manager and ctd…every single time
my question is how to remove it ? as u say
then install the fbw 320 from the official installer.
Thanks

You remove it from your Content Manager. Select the FlyByWire A32NX and click delete. Then you can use the FBW installer to install the Developer version.

oki…thanks Neo

any news for the Fenix 320 ? release date ?

I’m not sure, I don’t follow the Fenix 320 news because it’s an older model of the aircraft. I’m not really that interested in older A320 model (or any older aircraft model that’s not the latest production model) since we already have the NEO now.

I do follow the DFD A350 and Sim4Flight A350… But I have no news about them either.

1 Like

after a fresh reinstall (with my new cabled connection)…install in less than two hours…
community folder empty etc…a few ctd here and there still;…
i m just wondering
Can we install mods and liveries or should we wait
my mods : rex global textures (very important to me)
FBW 320 from official installer
737 max (from market place or simmarket)
777 300
what about the liveries…i ve seen some it says “compatlme with SU5” can we trust
Sotfly weather
im “sacred” to downlaod some of them…i dont want (like all of us) crashes…
i rather wait a bit to get stuff stable…and one more…with my new download yesterday, do i get the hotfix ? i heard about a second hotfix ? thanks

• Rex Global texture has a new update to make it compatible for SU5. You might need to make sure you have the latest update.
  • FBW A32NX should be fine as long as you’re using the Developer version from the FBW installer.
  • Not sure about the Boeings, since I don’t like flying Boeings myself.
  • Liveries, I have my livery collection (over 100+ of them) that I’ve collated and standardised into a single pack that is compatible for SU5 (I didn’t make any changes to it, I just knew that there will be issues in the future so I went ahead to make them futureproof months ago). I can send this to you separately if you want.
  • Not sure about the sotfly weather. I never heard of it.

I am always using the FBW Installer and have CTD since yesterday. A have deleted the FBW 320NX folder from the community folder and installed the dev version again, but still CTD when the sim starts loading or just seconds after gamestart. Very strange…

Here as well since yesterday ctd with fbw a320.
Developer version. Community folder empty no problem with fbw CTD.

Are you using the default livery? Since update 5 i get a Ctd if i use any of the addon liveries bit not the default one

Ok are you starting at payware airports or stock?
Also are these big airports if they are stock?
There is something wrong with the airport CGL files for FBW as it CTD in these scenarios
What I have found is that I can take off and fly to smaller airports like LXGB and it’s fine
It’s weird but I can fly the A320 FBW but I need to pick and choose my airports carefully and definitely not payware airports….strange I know

Been using add on and default makes no difference to me , it’s the airports that are the problem not FBW or the liveries as far as I can see

Everytime you update the FBW A32x, just reboot your computer. Don’t try to launch MSFS directly.
I experienced some crash too and this method works.

Now,
after today’s hotfix2 FBW A32x no longer crashes but the autopilot does not work and the thrustmaster lever does not match.
pity, we have to wait a little longer

and then I don’t understand why the radar doesn’t show me the weather.

This is not the FBW A32NX though, this is the default Asobo A320. I can tell it’s obvious because:

1. No EFB Flypad. A32NX Has an EFB Flypad on the captain side.
  2. Cockpit texture has a blue tint. A32NX has a grey-ish tint.
  3. Registration Number and Selcal missing. A32NX has a registration number and Selcal under the FCU.
  4. 1FD2 is shown on the FMA at the PFD. A32NX has it as “1 FD 2” with spaces in between.