CTD loading at Edinburgh (EGPH)

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes, crashes even when in safe mode

Brief description of the issue:

When I start a flight at or near EGPH, the loading screen gets to 2/3 complete and then CTD

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

n/a

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Start a flight at EGPH

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

Nvidia 546.01

PC specs and peripheral set up:

Ryzen 7950x3D
ASUS x670e-e motherboard
32 Gb Mem Corsair dominator RAM
Honeycomb Alpha yoke & bravo throttle & Thrustmaster TPM peddles

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

1.34.16.0 and first observed on this version

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Is this the default EGPH of one of the third party ones?

I removed my add on scenery, crashes with both add-on and default

If you have your rolling cache enabled in MSFS settings/Data, try delete it or disable it.

2 Likes

Do you have Orbx GB north? That causes crashes for me in Scotland

Same as what I was asking above, do you have your rolling cache enabled in MSFS settings/Data ?, if yes try delete it or disable it. In some crash reports I saw it helped fixing the issue.

2 Likes

DementedCorn327 - you are an absolute legend, that sorted the problem completely - huge thanks

1 Like

Glad to hear :slight_smile: !. A good practice is to delete the rolling cache (if you have it enabled of course) after each sim/world update, from time to time if you have many addons and of course when you are experiencing CTDs like this.