CTD multiple Reasons

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Brief description of the issue:

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

PC specs and peripheral set up:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Don’t tell me it is your PC. Almost every fault points to Flightsimulator.exe App error or Fault or exception, or Breakpoint as per Windows event viewer.

And it is not the Add-ons. Community Folder is empty.

And it is not the System Resources: CPU, GPU, RAM. SSD (High End RIG)

My Specs: Win 11 Pro; Z590 Aorus Elite AX; CPU 11th Generation iT-11700; Video Card Nvidea GeForce RTX 3060TI; SSD 2 TB; 32 GB RAM

MSFS v 1.34.14

I use Routinely Outbyte and PCClean scans. PC is healthy

Run MSFS with Developer (Debug) Mode. No Rolling Cache

Nvidea Driver – the latest version 537.13 –set at Debug mode as recommended

And it is not DirectX 11 vs 12 (revert but it is not v12, apparently)

I am unable to fly the sim since June 4th. SU9/10 I believe. I am now at v 1.34.14

I tried everything the Forum suggested to no avail.

The following are three typical examples

Flight Simulator.exe-Application Error

The instruction at 0x00007FF6272C4B72 REFERENCED MEMORY AT 0XFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. The memory could not be read

Click OK to terminate the program

The Instruction 0x0000……. Is different each time the program CTDs

Flightsimulator.exe. Error

Your graphics device has encountered a problem and the application will exit

Error. DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED (OX887A0005)

Advise to switch back to directX 11 (I did; no difference)

Flight Simulator.exe-Application error

The exception breakpoint

A Breakpoint has been reached

(0x80000003) occurred in the application at location 0x00007ff72496adb2

Click OK to terminate the program

Sincerely appreciate any guidance. Miss my sim.

I’m not saying it is your PC. But I’m not saying it isn’t your PC either. I get some CTD sometimes but very rarely now.

Some people reportedly never have any CTD’s. It’s all the same software (talking about the base game with no additions or plugins) so logic would say that if the software alone was to blame, then EVERYONE would get CTD’s the same as you, do you agree?

Have you got any other things running? In the background? Using SimConnect? Peripherals?

Have you done a thorough long stress test on all your PC components? Using OCCT for example.

I’ve never had that crash about graphics card encounters a problem so that seems a likely suspect to me. Temperatures OK?

I’d look there to start with. Have you done a clean driver install using DDU in safe mode? Cleared all caches (even the “hidden” ones)?

2 Likes

At the moment, I have more CTDs than I have ever had (since Alpha Testing).

Most of them occur when I window the application and place it on my second monitor and do work on the other monitor.

I have done this without an issue for the last few years until this current version (I am not on beta).

FYI.
MSFS performance on different hardware configurations can vary. Beta versions may not be fully optimized for all platforms, leading to performance issues like FPS drops, CTD or compatibility problems.
With the multitude of hardware configurations available, beta versions may not work seamlessly on all setups.

I understand this.

I have been with MSFS since Alfa and flown sims since the first one was sold.

MSFS is very dependant on so many factors, ie.

Gamining Services
Internet
Bandwidth of servers
PC, etc.

I can fly in the morning and have no stutters and great FPS…

I fly in the afternoon, stutters and barely 20FPS…

My PC has not changed.

It is inconsistent and lately (for me), rather ustable.

Release notes from SU13 beta 14:

• Memory and stability improvements
  • Several crashes have been fixed across the title

From beta 13:

• Memory and stability improvements

From beta 11:

• Several crashes have been fixed across the title.

Yes it´s the game, not people´s systems. Indeed the current live version is the worst I have ever seen during those 3 years. CTDs, freezes and poor performance all together. I can´t understand why they released such a bad version with that evident degraded behaviour. It happens even on vanilla game so addons were not the reason.

Cheers

I am not on beta.

Yes, but I meant is that beta has addressed corrections for stability and CTDs in 3 versions so far. So there was clearly a problem in SU12 + AAU2.

Cheers

Ok, no problem…

I had an installation with over 30 additional planes, FSHUD, SPAD.next, GSX, and, and, and… I use four VIRPIL devices, I use Navigraph and at least 10 plugins. I had NO crash in 10 months!

Since a couple of days it crashes every 90 minutes. It has horrible FPS. I deinstalled half of all the sh*t I don’t use or I don’t need. Nothing changed.

It worked with a thousand of possibilities not to work, but it did…
So, imo, it has nothing to do with “your PC”. And it has nothing to do with Vanilla, or do other ■■■■ you read.

Just an example.

New beta 15 released recently includes:

• Several crashes have been fixed across the title

So beta has addressed CTDs and memory related issues in 4 of the 7 releases so far. What else people need to understand that 95% of CTDs in game are always caused by game itself? It´s just the SW. No other games crash as much as this one, even if you put a ton of addons on them. I played games for almost 25 years and I have never seen something like this to be honest.

In that remaining 5% of the cases an addon may crash game. During the past 3 years I found 1 airport from my 1000 installed addons that crashes upon loading because it had a design error. Game always crashed when processing its folder, so it was clear. When addons have such severe errors game always crashes during loading, not while flying and game crashes always when reading the addon folder. I reported it and author corrected that. There are still chances that a recent driver update can cause some CTD, sure, but I remember really few cases during the past 3 years because you update drivers once a month maybe as GPU ones are more frequently updated. When that happens drivers crash many games, not only MSFS, and are therefore quickly hotfixed, so drivers are not the guilty ones in most situations either.

I have also run game for months without issues with all type of content you can imagine. No issues at all. Once AAU2 was released the CTDs started, everyday and randomly. I just had one some minutes ago during pushback, without even moving camera. Problem is that AAU2 even crashed without addons, so in this particular case it´s clear that the AAU2 was a total and untested mesh rushed before holidays.

Cheers

1 Like