CTD On Approach / Touch Down

the question is always, why does not everyone has this issue?

Same sim, different computer with different configuration settings.

We just need to find out what is different between systems.

No cache using. I was participating in the Beta… All was fine… Then there was the update from Asobo and all mess again. It is surely the app.
In intsalled FS2020 new 2 times… and the beta was OK

Well it’s not affecting me, and hasn’t done for maybe 6-7 months, perhaps more. So clearly not the sim, but some interaction with what you have configured, or something you have installed.

@hobanagerik And I think it’s a simulator. Because I play on Xbox and have the same problems.

That would certainly rule out any addons that are not from the marketplace at least.

@hobanagerik In beta I had absolutely no problem. I got the update from Asobo and the same problems again. So it is the App. Nothing more is changed.

I wonder why it doesn’t affect me then, if it is just the app.

Your answer is not important - Asobo has to answer

Have you logged a Zendesk ticket, with your findings?

Also, out of curiosity, do you have Littlenavmap connected to the sim, tracking your flights?

I do yes, as well as Navigraph.

@hobanagerik
Have you been flying for more than 3 hours lately? “With” or “without” ATC? Do you have all the latest simulator updates installed?

I also have Navigraph data installed, but back when I was having a lot of CTD issues, I pared everything back that was not core to the sim, and found my CTD issues disappeared completely. I then started to add things back, but a few things I never put back were:

LNM connection to the sim
Volanta
Simlink for Navigraph
530/750 GPS mods
Scenery caching

I now don’t get crashes no matter what I fly, with or without ATC. I have had two crashes in the last 2 months I think.

One was when I had connected LNM to the sim, the other was when I tried using the dev. mode flight recorder for the first time, and now last time.

My suspicion is that a lot of these CTD issues are not the sim itself, but a bad interaction with something ancialliary to it, either an addon, or an external program communicating with it.

Interestingly I do on occasion use Skypark, which also does flight tracking, and that never seems to cause me issues.

1 Like

Could very well be,

Just add that those types of elements (LVM and Navigraph) have been in use on my rig since the begining and this just happened this week for the first time ever.

Someone above mentioned scenery and I didn’t notice it before but certainly the other day, I was getting allot of pop in around the airport which I’ve also never had before, not sure if related.

At any rate, it’s only been twice so not the end of the world and the save feature seems to work so as a precaution I’ll save once I’m 30 minutes out and if it happens I can reload.

Was just curious if anyone else experienced this issue as of late and it seems to be a few others, not sure if that makes me feel better or not :slight_smile:

1 Like

These issues sometimes pop up after a new sim update has been released, and you’ll often see a conversation like this:

1 I’m getting a CTD
2 Do you have any Community mods installed?
1 No
2 What are you flying?
1 A32NX
2 …

When a new sim update is released, there is usually a little lag between the 3PD updating their mods to work with the new sim update. Sometimes things just work, sometimes not.

Sim pilots tend to be a superstitious lot, especially regarding GPU drivers, and some will tend to stick with an addon version for fear of breaking something.

When you whittle away at that, reluctance changes into acceptance, when they realise their out of date addon was causing problems with the up to date sim version.

1 Like

Actually, that reminds me, I need to update GPU driver to the latest as that clearly wasn’t the cause, happened the second time after rolling back :slight_smile:

1 Like

My example is obviously not going to be the case 100% of the time, but it is very common.

I’m still running 497.29, and have not yet updated to 511.23. When I make changes to my setup I make sure I do one thing at a time, and fly like that for a few days, before making further changes.

If you change multiple things at the same time it will be difficult to work out what the cause was.

3 Likes

Very, very good advice!!

1 Like

My last answer.in this topic… Why then only with FS2020 and with no other application or game

Because it is the most complex app/game there is, and very revolutionary in design.
It is often upset by individual PC setups.

1 Like