CTD on final approach various airports

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

CTD at end of short flight (under 1hr to 2hrs) on final approach 3 to 5 nm out from runway. A stutter, pause and then CTD.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Would you like a screencap of my Windows desktop?

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

You set up a flight, the sim dies right before the end.

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

Up to date. And this has been happening for a long time, over multiple iterations of GC drivers. This bug is not about graphics drivers.

PC specs and peripheral set up:

AMD Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA RTX2070Super 8GBVRAM

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Fault bucket 1763689317978214537, type 5

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

This issue has persisted since release back in 2020.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Intel i7-12700K 3.6 GHz, 128GB RAM, NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GBVRAM, NVIDIA Driver 545.84

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Fault bucket 2272440312014472949, type 4

The sim has been a CTD fest for several of us in the last 24-48 hours. Unfortunately, since they’re not getting 1000s of updates from others on this, I doubt they’re even aware.

1 Like

yep same here. Usually it CTDs when starting a flight. For me it’s Bing map related. If I disable bing maps no problem. So I could start a flight, then activate Bing map and about 50% of the time it’s CTD.

2 Likes