CTD on final to large airports

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Brief description of the issue:

approaching airports like LAX, EGLL after medium length (2hr) flights, CTD on final app.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

fly to big airports DX12 frame gen on

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

PC specs and peripheral set up:

RTX4070, Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

I have had problems at large airports some time due to too many injected AI aircraft traffic, also it is worth checking your community folder to see if anything is causing this. If your community folder is too large the sim can CTD. Finally check your graphics drivers are all up to date.
There are so many culprits it can be soul destroying and time consuming to get the sim running without any CTD.
To start with rename the community folder to community-BAK then create a new folder called community, now you will be starting with an empty community folder. Restart the sim and make the same approach to that airport, if you are successful then you know something in the original folder is causing your issues. Once you have found the culprit, just delete the new community folder and rename the old folder to community.
Before embarking on any fs related fault finding exercise, please make sure you backup all your files to a different hard drive if possible.
Good luck

Good morning,

Impossible to make an approach to one of the 10 airports in the “Deluxe” and “Premium” packs: CTD without message a few nautical miles away.
The problem is the same when I start a flight at one of these airports: CTD without message between “FLY” and “READY TO FLY”.
Of course I haven’t tried all the airports in the simulator, but everything else works.
Everything is OK when I uninstall the “Deluxe Upgrade” and “Premium Upgrade” packs.
I disabled ATC, disabled developer mode, reduced graphics settings to minimum, disabled all online features, no air traffic and removed all addons.
I uninstalled then reinstalled the simulator.
The problem persists regardless of the aircraft used.

For information. :
The simulator does not offer “SAFE MODE” after the CTDs.
All 10 planes in these packs work.
Up to date graphics card.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

I don’t think this is limited to large airports. I get the same problem with medium sized airports, like Poitiers in France, or Kerkira in Greece. Default, add-on, same bug.

Flying the A320neo on final to KMSP, sim crashed at decision height. :frowning: Wish I could say more but the error reports flashed by too fast.

yikes.