CTD on official LSZH

Funnily enough - I tried reproducing this scenario in XCloud (specifically for this I spent $15 for Ultimate sub) and the game does not crash in xcloud.

Microsoft has announced that xcloud is running on XBOX Series X hardware since June last year, but that may be customized or better cooled or whatever a bit different hardware.

Another specificity of my situation is that I purchased my MSFS 2020 license on PC directly from MS Store (not via an XBOX app), but cannot come up with a reason why this would affect the behavior.

Gonna ask for a replacement hardware. Will see how it goes.

1 Like

Are you using any third party addons? I get the exact same CTD, also on the Series X; I notice it a lot at larger airports such as KATL and KDFW, as well as detailed third party airports like iniSceneā€™s KBUF.

Right after the cinematic or right as I click ā€œReady to Flyā€ the sim crashes. Sometimes, the CTD occurs within a minute or two after clicking ā€œReady to Flyā€, if Iā€™m lucky.

I also notice that traffic worsens the problem, as do marketplace addons, but Iā€™ve tested many and havenā€™t found any individual addon to be causing the problem. Sometimes, no third party addons are required to produce a crash, like at KDFW.

Iā€™ve tried tons of possible solutions but my lack of success is convincing me that the issue is just a memory leak that Asobo needs to fix. The sim seems to be overwhelmed by the resource intensive large handcrafted airports along with a bit of marketplace content.

Interestingly, I also purchased the license from the Microsoft Store on the PC rather than directly on the Xbox, but I also canā€™t imagine why that would produce CTDs.

Iā€™d be interested to know if youā€™ve made any other observations, since it seems like weā€™re having the same exact issue.

Well, I have some addons purchased via marketplace. But those are non-factors. I did reset console to its factory state and installed only MSFS with only required packages ( CORE + some exploration flights in Australia + Premium and Deluxe packages). It still does crash online or offline, with A320, B747, B777, Velocopter whatever.

I went ahead and purchased yesterday Xbox Series S just for the test, installed it in this vanilla conf from scratch and there is NO CTD on Series S. But the graphics of course is not cutting it anywhere close to X. I bet settings are different and volumes of memory used is different. Rolling cache default 8GB there.

What I wonder - is there anyone on Xbox Series X who do NOT have this issue???

1 Like

Iā€™m not surprised that thereā€™s no CTD on the Series S since the Series S version doesnā€™t push the sim to itā€™s limits and is much more stable at the cost of visual quality (as you mentioned). However, I am surprised that you secured an Xbox Series S just to test that. :joy:

If the crash doesnā€™t occur under the same conditions on the Series S, that would lend credence to the memory leak theory, right? Seems that the Series X MSFS version is simply biting off more than it can chew.

Iā€™d be willing to bet that most people who use MSFS on the Series X are casuals who donā€™t use addons or peripherals as I do. This is likely why this issue isnā€™t being reported or recognized as much as we think it should.

I mean, I am going to return it. Not a billionaire here. And it was an open box, so no harm no foul. Had a thought to keep it just for a second when it let me land and get to gate and finish flight w/o CTD but no, that was just for a second.

Conspiring to secure another series x, but that one is not so easy to procure )

Anyone tried with FSDREAM Zurich addon if we get also CTDs?

1 Like

I have the same problem. I have acquired FSDREAMTEAM Zurich directly from the fsdreamteam store. Tried it yesterday (sim update 10) and got a CTD immediately before landing when the runway 34 was about 1 mile away.

Yes I had it too

I have sim update 11 on xbox series S. When i try to do anything from LSZH i CTDā€¦

I have the same problem on Xbox Series X. I tried it with PC12 Carenado. Always when Iā€™m trying to load the flight from LSZH to LOWI the sim crashes. After reloading the whole thing the same, ā€¦ every time.
Sim Update 11

Still Black screens and CTDs on Asobos Zurichā€¦
Why we get no update on Xbox?