[XBox] CTD on Start Up after installation of the WU IX Italy

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Brief description of the issue:

Currently I regret to have installed the xxxx on my xbox. I can currently no longer play at all because the SIM now has a CTD every time when loading.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes

Happens not long after ā€˜press any key to continueā€™

yes

Yes

Yesterday I installed WU9 on my series x and then flew around Malta for a while. I then quit and restarted the sim to make sure it was all ok and it started fine for me. Today I started the console and then the game but now it CTD during the loading screen every time

Was having bad CTD during flights on Xbox series S now Iā€™m having even worse ones before the sim can even load to the msfs dashboard. How can a game be this bad itā€™s unusable.

3 Likes

I was coming here to post the same thing! I just installed the new World Update. Crashed after starting a flight. Now the game crashes every time try to even start and load to the main menu. Trying my 4th time now andā€¦ crashed again.

I did a fresh restart of the console twice, and still crashes attempting to start the game.

Only option left to try is do a fresh reinstall i guess??

5 Likes

Same here after todays wu it crashes on xbox x during starting screen preventing me from playing or enter even the menus. I have decided to just laugh, cause this simulator is just the most annoying software iv ever experienced.

4 Likes

Was crashing just after loading a flight now it is crashing just after the ā€˜press any button to startā€™ screen. Resorted to completely deleting the game and currently reinstalling. Not sure what has happened since SU9 and last WU but the game is completely broken

6 Likes

Xbox series X: I can no longer load the game after World Update 9 arrived (even though I didnā€™t download it from marketplace)

Guess Iā€™ll have to reinstall everything
I get past click to start. Then it loads with the information about latest world update then it crashes to desktop a few minutes later

Gamepass btw of that makes any difference

1 Like

Hi all,

Iā€™m sorry you are experiencing a crash on start up of the sim. We have escalated this. Would anyone be willing to DM me their Console Device ID for the dev team to look into this more?

Thank you

How to get your Console Device ID:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
  2. Selected Profile & System > Settings > Console info.
  3. Look at the last row (#6) for Global Device ID. It is the last one displayed.

Thank you so much!

8 Likes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue: Update install attempt on Xbox series X at 1600zulu 20220517.
On the first pass I found an Asobo message at the bottom of the content manger stating a restart was required to install content. Fully quit FS2020 and restarted the Xbox series X.
Second pass - Reboot Xbox. CTD on new activity splash screen. Blue progress bar at 80%
Third pass - Reboot Xbox. CTD on new activity splash screen. Blue progress bar at 80%
Fourth pass - Reboot Xbox. CTD on new activity splash screen. Blue progress bar at 80%
Fifth pass - Did not reboot Xbox. CTD on new activity splash screen. Blue progress bar at 80%
Sixth pass - Unplugged Xbox for 30 seconds. CTD on new activity splash screen. Blue progress bar at 80%
Seventh pass - Deleted World offline mode only. CTD on new activity splash screen. Blue progress bar at 80%. This was my last attempt.

1 Like

How will the Global Device ID help?
Does it grant you remote access to my Xbox?
How can I confirm you are associated with MS?

1 Like

The Global Device ID lets the dev search their database to see which crash you are hitting, and pairing it with repro steps, like many have done above, helps them match the crash to the issue.

6 Likes

World Update IX also bricked my entire game with the only option being clearing my 60gb of downloaded content via reserved space.

Can confirm this is a direct cause of WU9 as I did not reinstall ANY 3rd party addons, and the game became bricked again after adding WU9.

I am on Series X and thereā€™s plenty of others in discord with the same issue. It should be removed from content manager asap until its fixed.

8 Likes

Yikes, Iā€™m sorry to hear this. Can you create a different thread for it so I can track that issue separately with the team?

1 Like

@Jummivana / Jayne is the Senior MSFS Community Manager for Microsoft. She is indeed who she claims to be and can be trusted if you DM her the info she asked for.

6 Likes

I have the same issue as OPā€¦ I have linked the CTD directly to WU9ā€¦ CTD everytime towards the end of the first loading screen after the ā€œPress Any Buttonā€ screen.

Same Issue here. After installing WU IX every time I have CTD on loading screen.

Yes

On XBox Series X after installing World Update Italy, game crashes before main menu on every attempt.

Same here I cannot restart the game on xbox series x after wu9 install :pensive::pensive::tired_face: