Discussion + Poll: World Update IX: Italy (1.25.9.0)

If you follow the Xbox thread, you’ll see that since SU9, there are Xbox users that can’t start the sim at all. It crashed during load 100% of the time for them. That would most definitely fit the definition of “bricked” for all intents and purposes. Even the “hotfix” didn’t help some of them.

6 Likes

Unfortunately 2 of the 4 new handcrafted airports, Palermo and Bolzano no longer allow the drone
camera to enter the buildings and control towers to explore their interiors. You will hit a brick wall and
be catapulted to the roof of these structures. Why bother modelling such interiors if you can’t get a
camera in there to explore the work done?

Your POV. Happy flying mate.

That’s what happens when multiple 3rd party devs are hired to make scenery assets. Not everyone is building to the same standard.

1 Like

Did I miss something, is the whole world scenery data been updated, done some VFR flying in South Africa and scenery looks more updated?

1 Like

Right. And I now belong to this club. If you can’t get people to leave the SIM voluntarily, then you force them to do it this way…
Klacker

1 Like

Dolomites are shining, finally… :fire:

22 Likes

I’ve been following it yes, being a Series X user.

I don’t know what’s happening with it. I don’t know why it won’t boot up at all for some people. Or if they’re doing anything wrong, if something is corrupted within the file structure on their console, who knows.

I do encounter issues myself with crashes, atm I tend to get one or two per day (occasionally more) but I don’t think it’s bricked. There has to be a plausible explanation as to why the end user experience seems to be different.

It probably revolves around addons, or server issues, IMO.

1 Like

There must be server issues for some people. I’m on xbox x (west coast usa) and have done half a dozen flights in various aircraft (including full flight with A320) and had no CTDs and has been very smooth. I have dozens of addons, but none in Italy (yet).

2 Likes

This happens with other updated Asobo airports, like Faro in Portugal p.e.
I believe this is a bug that came to life with last sim update.

1 Like

The update took 3 mins. Simply amazing and simple.

I love the new update especially over the mountains.

Asobo can you please update the USA again?? It’s in desperate need and only 10% of the US got an update!

7 Likes

Same issue confirmed in Milan, too much trees everywhere. My community folder is empty, so i can confirm this need to be fixed as it is a default vegetation problem. Just checked Venice too, same problem but still better trees density here.

7 Likes

yep, same here. Literally the easiest update yet in the history of MSFS updates.

All updated, downloaded - no WorldUpdate IX visible. Other have the same problem?

1 Like

You must go to the bult-in store and search for it.

1 Like

LIRQ is like before, no new issues.

There used to be a tear on the runway sporadically, didn’t get it so far though. I assume that might be more network related.

1 Like

Venice looked okay to me. But Milan, yes. It looks odd, far too many trees. I thought I’d loaded into the sim in Manaus by mistake, there were that many trees. Not Milan.

8 Likes

Guys i’m considering to develop a immediate fix to solve the problem relative to trees of the photogrammetry cities on Flightsim.to. Please report a full list of all the cities encountering the trees problem.

5 Likes

Gave op, uninstalled game, and tried to reinstall via xbox app, installer hangs at 99% error code 0x803fb107 ? what is wrong?

So are you telling me this is a problem of photogrammetry cities worldwide? :exploding_head: