CTD on switch to VR

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

Reliable, 100% chance crash any time I switch to VR

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Press CTRL+TAB anywhere at all

PC specs and peripheral set up:

Quest 2; 3090; 32GB Ram; 3700X

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

There are no events with the ID 1001 during a crash. However, I do get reliability report and it’s basically identical every time:
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.31.22.0, time stamp: 0x6409dda0
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.2130, time stamp: 0xb5ced1c6
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000003076e
Faulting process id: 0x1054
Faulting application start time: 0x01d95afea384287e
Faulting application path: K:\STEAM M.2\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 7206d822-8b0c-4f43-8f87-8cee993d8226
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Bought the game 2 days ago on steam so that’s when it started. Switched to SU12 Beta and it’s identical.

I’ve tried removing OpenXR / OpenXR toolkit / OpenComposite, reinstalling, turning off, on. Using both DX11 and DX12. All of the combinations are the same: I’ve never been able to see the game in VR at all, it ALWAYS crashes the moment I try to switch it on.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Solution:
MSI Afterburner was causing this. Have to keep it turned off.

You have to turn off every background process you can afford to turn off (sound services, VR/Performance related apps, unrelated apps) and launch MSFS only after that. VR started working after I killed enough things, and then it was a matter of turning on one program after another while relaunching MSFS until it no longer worked again. MSI Afterburner (and maybe Dragon Center) was the issue for me.