CTD on World Map around Southeast USA (especially in florida)

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes (screenshot is with mods on, but tested with mods removed as well)

Brief description of the issue:

When zoomed in around the Florida area the game consistently crashes to desktop.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

From the main menu: Go to the world map, and start planning a flight from/to the Florida area > While planning, the game crashes when viewing the Florida area of the plan. This crash happens within about 3-5 minutes for me. Perhaps coincidentally; I have had a crash while flying at cruise altitude after getting a flight going from the Northeast to the Midwest.

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

AMD 23.9.1 >>> Edit: Updated to 23.9.3 (WHQL) and retested. Still crashing the same way.

PC specs and peripheral set up:

AMD 7800 X3D CPU
AMD 7900XTX GPU
Inland Gen4 2TB nvme drive
850W Seasonic Prime power supply

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Fault bucket 2199066239203661447, type 4

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Same problem in the France map (Marseille) or UK (southampton)

3 CTD yesterday.
last NVIDIA drivers installed.

I’ve had similar issue. Disabling REX Accuseason seems to have fixed it for me. I was unable to load into KATL and also had a CTD over central Florida while cruising from South America to ATL.

This is now happening on the west coast (LA area) for me as well as my initial post about Florida.

I am fine with loading into LAX. I have narrowed down the issue to being REX Accuseason for ATL

It appears that I have resolved this on my own. FWIW: I think running an SFC scan via the command prompt is what fixed it? Some corrupted files were found. Maybe that happened during a Windows update? In any case, I am stable again. Maybe it will help others.

sfc /scannow

Since this was resolved bythe Topic Owner and it proves to not be a sim defect (i.e., bug) it is now moved to Tech Talk