CTD when changing some graphics options

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Intermittent CTD when changing graphics options. Most often a change of Terrain LOD but have also had it when switching from DX11 to 12 or vice versa. Crash seems to be occurring in one of the Nvidia dlls - nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll. Not had anything like this in any previous SU

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Open the sim, go to Options → General Options and change Terrain LOD, Object LOD or DX11/DX12. Crash is intermittent but has happened to me a number of times

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

12700K/RTX3070/32Gb DDR4. Happened with Nvidia drivers 516.59 and the .79 hotfix

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Fault bucket , type 0

Are you using DX12?

Happens with DX12 and DX11

Are you using DLSS?

Both DLSS and TAA

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Got this when attempting to remove ground traffic on taxi after landing (so during a flight) at the point where I tried to resume the sim. I wonder if I’m experiencing a more general (albeit sporadic) issue when resuming after changing options during a flight.
Faulting module nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll
Latest Nvidia drivers 516.94

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1392291939830734620, type 4

This is related the Nvidia driver set. Disable any GPU overclock if you have one - that’s usually the source of crashing for Nvidia drivers.

It might be worthwhile to do a clean install of your GPU drivers, just to make sure there’s nothing corrupted.

I’m not running any overclock at the moment and I did do a DDU clean up when I reverted from 516.59 to 512.77 prior to installing the latest driver set. All 3 versions gave me this crash. This issue I’m having doesn’t seem to be widespread so it must be something in my setup. Will do another full driver clean up and see