CTD when completing flight and trying to return to the main menu

I’m now getting this with SU9. Never had this issue before.

1 Like

Same here. Issue started with SU9. Hope a fix ix on the way.

1 Like

Fyi, It’s FlyTampa Boston. They are aware of it.
https://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=14860

1 Like

This has just started happening to me. Doesn’t matter what aircraft or what airport. Soon as I Esc and confirm to go back to main menu CTD.

1 Like

Has anyone found a way to fix this? I never had this problem before, but after the last update, it has been happening to me at any airport, with any aircraft. When I try to go back to the main menu, the sim crashes every time.

Actually, I spent months without any CTD, but after this update, it has been happening a lot. I tried cleaning the community folder and deleted the content.xml file, but the issue still there. I think there’s a chance to be something related to content purchased in the marketplace (I have a few airports), but I don’t want to uninstall everything to confirm. :frowning:

1 Like

me too…since wu 10, it often happens when i go back to the main menu from a flight, the screen stays black and all i can do is AltF4…

So, after some investigation, I found out a suspect, at least on my side. I know I said above that my community folder was empty, but it turns out it wasn’t. So, I find out that when I used certain liveries I had that CTD, and when I selected others, I didn’t.

It’s strange because the sim loads normally, I have no problem to load the livery and fly without any hiccups. It´s just when I try to go back to the main menu with livery in use that the CTD happens.

The problem is that I am having this issue with several aircraft, so it’s not related to a specific livery that I downloaded in 2020 (and that wasn’t updated ever since). Apparently, that are a lot of liveries that can cause this, it’s impossible to find out which unless you select the one and have the CTD.

And, like I said, I didn’t have this problem before WU10, so apparently something changed after this.

Same CTD for me since last update, when finishing flight and try to go back to main menu.
First I thought must be AIG, but also without AIG it happens.

1 Like

My system instead of CTD crashes the whole system. Has that something to do with the return address given by the game to the system?

Also when you rename the Community folder it makes a CTD when trying to go back to main menu

In that folder the first file “fs base” was set to “false”, that must be “true”.

“C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.xml”

Dont know who changed it, but after the rechange i have no more CTD when going to main menu.

I’ve noticed it doesn’t ctd if I stop software running in the back nor does it crash my system since I made sure that Internet Download Manager isn’t running in the background either. There is software to take out that bumf for the time your simming, It may be worth a try to see if it works for you and to ensure the addons in community have been tested under sim version 10 and are not too old. I spent hours checking what is valid and what isn’t and its a pisser when you have to take out some fave scenery that isnt working with it. But it has to be done if you want to fly.

Me too. CTD on Return to Main Menu - every time. Even after starting in Safe Mode.

I get this too, and have been getting it for quite some time. The longer the flight, the higher the likelihood of CTD, though after the recent updates it seems to have gotten worse. Even shorter flights have a good chance of crashing the sim now when I exit to main menu.

All my wonderful state-saving planes are half useless now. Because of course nothing is saved when the sim crashes.

Much sadface.

Same here and seems totally random… Has anyone a clue? I suspect of FSPUiC or any apps conecting third parties to MSFS but not sure

Latest update seems to have resolved the issue for me. But before that, I had some luck in reducing occurrences by disabling various services in System Configuration (msconfig). Could be worth a try.

I have just checked the Reliability Monitor and the Event Viewer and MSFS and Phone Link crashes seem related (or at least they happen close enough). Also I got a bunch of info I cant really understand. MSFS’ Exception Code is c0000005 according to both Reliability Monitor and the Event Viewer. Any ideas?

Yeah, it means there’s been an access violation. That’s a thing related to memory.

There’s an article here with some possible solutions you could try: Best solutions to the "Access Violation at Address" error on Windows 10/11 — Auslogics Blog

Or just google “access violation crash” and look for more and better tips.

Thanks a lot mate. I will check and see what happens because the random CTDs after flights are driving me bonkers

I know how you feel :expressionless: