CTD when connected to internet - Delete cloud data - this fixed it for me

Thanks for replying TenPatrol! :slight_smile:

It’s the Steam version. Maybe that’s why I can’t find it under the “Packages”-folder. Or in the start-menu.

I was hopeful on your multiplayer-tip! :smiley: Found it under options, and once I turned it on and allowed for online play and textures/graphics etc, the game crashed to desktop again.

I haven’t played for a while, so I just got this problem after updating the game a couple of days ago. But I see players have had this problem for months! How the hell haven’t Microsoft/Steam solved this?

C:\Users\your_username\AppData\ROAMING\Microsoft Flight Simulator

Delete all 3rd party apps/mods from community folder.

My community folder is already empty :man_shrugging:

After trying all other options besides reloading windows 10. This worked!
I can fly with online turned on. I did plug internet back as MSFS2020 was loading and stalled
waiting for internet. Saved data from local disk to relpace cloud data when prompted.
It acted as fresh install , so some reapplying of options was needed. So far launched 4 different flights with different aircraft from different locations and no freezing on loading. Thanks, But what a PIA this has been.

Same issue here…the cloud seems corrupted…can you explane me how to arrive at the page prompting ‘local’?

The option appeared during the reinstallation portion. It came up as " There is a difference between data stored in the cloud and local data" and gave you a choice between the two. I don’t remember the
exact wording, but when you see it choose the local data. At that point you have a fresh install and will have to reload all world updates and anything you got from the marketplace. I haven’t had a recurrence of the freezing during flight loading since doing this

I think i have solved

Please can you recap, and explain the exact procedure for resetting your Data on the cloud, and effective going back to a configuation that is what one would have when 1st installing MSFS.

ie NO saved setting yet on the Cloud, empty Log-Book etc etc.

A CLEAN Start @!!

I have the same problem from december. I also did a complete reinstall of win 10. I will try this approach next week. I manage to install MSFS without syncing so at least I get to fly a little bit. Problem is that I have to go trough 5 steps every time want to fly. I hope this method makes it possible to sync again. These has been a nightmare specially after XBOX logging/install. I have been flying MS2020 for å year without problems.

Please Asobo/Microsoft. Make a solution so we can reintstall MSFS without have syncing problems.

Thanks VERY MUCH for this incredibly helpful set of instructions. Why hasn’t Microsoft made this information much more readily available. I have had about three months of frustration, trying everything that was in their forum, to no effect. This worked for me and I am very grateful that I finally found a solution! I was able to fly but only with all online functions turned off.

The only thing with this process is that my system would not allow me to simply copy the LocalCache and LocalState folders, so I could only copy the root folder files into a folder I created myself - saving only some of my data. I will need to set up my key bindings and settings again, but that is a small price to pay for now being able to use all online functions again! Thank you again!

I followed the instructions, this let me reach the main menu for the first time since 2020.
However when I reconnected the internet while in-flight, the game crashed. Upon launch again it asked if I wanted to use local or cloud, I picked local and it synced to 100%, but it crashed afterwards anyway. The only difference is now it shows the new content updates on the splashscreen.

I don’t know what to do next. I haven’t been able to play the game in a very long time.

remember to follow the instructions and start a flight (on air) @SlippyMcSlip

Inside the Folder LocalCache is a Folder SceneryIndexes. Try to delete the content of this folder. Next time you start MSFS, the folder is filled automatically again.

Thanks for the reply

I did this both times I tried this, the first time, the game froze when it made a connection and then crashed (While flying mid-air). I carried on anyway and was offered a local save, but the game crashed at the usual place afterwards.

The second time i reconnected mid-flight, about a minute went by with no crashing so i quit to the main menu and then closed the game, the issue still persists.

I tried wiping the scenaryindexes folder to no avail, I’ll try the method a third time and leave it for longer while in flight.

When I connect to the internet on Step 13, i crash the moment the “Succesfully Connected” message appears. When I launch again while connected, I can chooses to sync local, which is dated the same as the cloud, yet I will carry on crashing before i reach the main menu as before.

I have not been able to fix this issue, even over a windows re-install and two different networks. It is entirely a server-side issue.

You make something wrong in my opinion @SlippyMcSlip

I’d like to think that so that this issue may be fixed quicker :upside_down_face:

When I re-connect my internet for step 13, the game seizes up and freezes before crashing when the Succesfully-Connected message appears.

just out of curiosity, do you have any achievements awarded that you didn’t actually earn? My friend and I are in the same boat, me as an MS store purchase, him as a steam. I can play on a new xbox live profile, he cannot. The only thing that I can think of that is still persisted through a cloud data wipe is achievements, and we both have an achievement that we didnt actually earn, so that’s my current theory.

And still crashes in today’s sim preview…

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.23.9.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.789, time stamp: 0x2bd748bf
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000007286e
Faulting process id: 0x457c
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Faulting package-relative application ID: AppFaulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.23.9.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.789, time stamp: 0x2bd748bf
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000007286e
Faulting process id: 0x457c

Fault bucket 2016560685612456785, type 5
Event Name: MoBEX
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.23.9.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
P2: praid:App
P3: 1.23.9.0
P4: 00000000
P5: ucrtbase.dll
P6: 10.0.19041.789
P7: 2bd748bf
P8: 000000000007286e
P9: c0000409
P10: 0000000000000007

@EKLynx your cloud is corrupted like was mine…I followed a complex series of steps for wipe out my cloud data