CTD when connected to the internet

If you are on Steam version. Have you tried reinstalling Steam? That did the trick for me. Your problem sounds exactly like mine and removing steam completely and installing it again solved that.

I tried that aswell I can be connected to the internet but with Online functionality turned off in the sim, as soon as I set it to on it crashes the simā€¦ But only the steam version I have no idea what might be causing thisā€¦ I mean itā€™s the same MS account thatā€™s logged into to the sim it shouldnā€™t have anything to do with steamā€¦ Iā€™m really lost here and zendesk does not answer me anything else than pre written answers all the timeā€¦

Iā€™m guessing we have the exact same problem but no idea how to solve it :frowning:

I also tried that, also reinstalled windows etc. and on the new windows installation reinstalled Xbox services etc. nothing works for me.

Seems to be some bug in the online functionality probably only asobo can fix itā€¦

Interesting, set steam to offline mode, was able to start the sim and activate all the online features and even start a flight without crashing.

It shows my account online in the sim but no server is found and bing data is not being streamed.

Makes me wonder if there is some link of the microsoft account to the steam account because even with logging out of all the Microsoft stuff on the whole system, store and xbox app steam still always connects my microsoft account in the sim. And there is no way I can log out and in again because the login window keeps getting blacked outā€¦

Does anyone know if there is a way to reconnect steam to microsoft? Maybe this is the cause for the problemā€¦ It does not seem to be properly connected to the microsoft account when on steam. But the question is how to reset thisā€¦

Now my store version suddenly stopped starting aswell.
When I start it I get a pop up about windows store dependencies being installed, sim just does not start after that anymore. Literally nothing changed on my system before that happened I was even doing a flight 1h before that without issues.

Reinstalled Xbox game services, reset windows store, deleted temp files, restarted several times and tried to reinstall the whole sim again it throws an error now I cannot even reinstall it anymore on the store and the steam version is still broken too. How can I get in contact with an actual support employee who can help me get my sim back up for which I spent thousands of $ for addons, a new pc etc just for this sim and now steam and store versions both donā€™t work anymore even on a clean windows install. :weary:

This is precisely the same issue I am experiencing. I have tried all of the things mentioned here. If I take my PC offline I can start the sim and do a flight with no issues - doesnt look as good and I canā€™t fly with my pals so this obviously is not what I want to do. I have tried at several points while the sim is open to enable the LAN but they always result in ejection to desktop soon as the ā€œSuccessfully Connectedā€ green badge appears. This behavior began with the 1.18.14 update. Before that I was having a blast. I had mods then, but not any more after chasing this crash.

At first I was getting ucrtbase.dll errors in event viewer, so I updated MS C++ redist, and now it is just a general ā€œFlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.18.15.0 Exception code: 0xc0000005ā€.

What else to try?

I guess thereā€™s nothing else we can do on our own. Make sure to upvote the topic and open a Zendesk ticket hoping asobo will notice usā€¦

0x800700b7

hmmmā€¦ error number for update issueā€¦

Is all fine with your windows ?

tried the usually things like sfc /scannow , dism, ā€¦ ?

Is more logged within the windows event viewer ?

I have the exact same thing happening to me, are there any solutions?

I had the same issue after SU5 HotFix #2: CTD when sim is started and connected to the Internet. After updating to the latest Nvidia driver the problem is gone (i7-7700K,GTX1060).

Same problem. Without internet no crash

Has anyone had any luck here yet? I have been basically getting nothing from an open ticket at zendesk. I get the same basic reply - it goes like this:

1. opened the ticket
  2. got a canned response that was more or less a copy paste of https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015893879-All-versions-Crashing-CTDs-issues-Checklist
  3. ticket gets marked solved!
  4. I explain ive done all of that already and updated everything i can think of - THIS IS NOT SOLVED.
  5. Support asks for msinfo and dxdiag and i provide it, then it starts over at step 2. every. single. time.

so i have had to tell them:

1. My language is by default English (United States) and it cannot be removed or modified.
  2. English Windows 10
  3. tried to update the libraries, using the very same files in the links sent.
  4. I removed all startup software I am willing to.
    5.there are NO mods in community folder
  5. Steam download cache is emptied
  6. My Bios is version EB916IMS.A20 dated 2019-6-17, which is a later date than EB916IMS.940 dated 2018-01-04 (this is what they tried to tell me was wrong)

Today was the 4th cycle of this. One time they did say my BIOS was out of date but that was incorrect. They seem to do everything to pass it off to something else. Sim was fine until 1.18.14. the last response i got marked the ticket solved and said ask Microsoftā€¦

I opened the ticket again. I refuse to let them mark it solved and i hope the little red mark they see from it being open is enough to drive them insane. Theyā€™ll have to solve it or ban me to close it.

Same issue for meā€¦ Ticket is open since 27th of July but never got anything else than a default answer. Steam support told me they cannot do anything about it other than instructing me to clear steam cloud which I did but didnā€™t help. Tried on a fully new windows etc. Itā€™s definitely some very rare issue between steam and microsoft accountā€¦

Same MS account works in the store version. I bought the store version now because most of the addons I bought luckily outside the marketplace so I can still use them. But I have a few Carenado planes I bought in the sim marketplace that I cannot use anymore in the store version even though itā€™s the same MS accountā€¦ I really want to get my steam version back, the store one is a pain to update and some of my addons I canā€™t get back which really annoys me.

Iā€™ve done all the steps you mentioned multiple times aswell. Thereā€™s no way this is an issue on our end since the store version works just fine and itā€™s basically the same programā€¦ So I would never touch my perfectly working BIOS because of Asobo support thereā€™s no way this has something to do with it.

I have no idea how to get in contact with an actual employee all I get are the same FAQ answers since two months nowā€¦

Since it only happens with steam and even on fresh windows etc. itā€™s definitely some sort of a profile/server issue and has nothing to do with any of the FAQ steps.

I went from a perfectly fine steam version with 1 crash in 700h since release to a buggy unstable store version because of the whole reinstallation and troubleshooting process. Now I get a CTD every 3-4 flights itā€™s really annoying.

Steam also refused a refund so I had to pay again in the store.

I am having this same problem but I donā€™t use steam at all, so it canā€™t be related to steam. I am getting useless answers from support as well. Any advice based on this?

It could be something similar, maybe an account problem. But in my case it is definitely steam related because the store version with the same MS account works without problems.

1 Like

I had the same issue - CTD about 5 secs after checking for updates. The next time it always offered me to start the sim in safe mode, which I never did, I just temporarily disabled my network interface.
Today I decided to give safe mode a try, it started. So I closed it and tried again - problem solved, no CTD, no question for safe mode. I can start the sim from now on without any issues. Weird.

Hello thanks for accepting me, my flight sim version is steam, I have a problem after updating, to v 1.19.9.0 when I try to fly or do any activity when I click the fly button, it stays on the next load page forever, in the task manager it says msfs It does not respond, since the community content is empty, I even started in developer mode, I have reinstalled the msfs from 0 and the same problem continues, I do not know what else to do I am desperate now ā€¦ if someone knows another possible solution I will I would appreciate it, thank you very much !!

Has there been any more development on this issue?

I have a buddy who works at Microsoft. He pulled up some internal docs surrounding troubleshooting MSFS, but nothing has worked from that angle either. I actually donā€™t have this specific crashing issue (I own the MS Store version), but a friend of mine does. We have tried logging into his account on my computer where it is known working, and it crashes still. So I agree that it must be something between the link of MS and Steam. With that, we have looked through his Microsoft account settings online and tried removing any data pertaining to Steam, but still no luck. And of course, a ZenDesk ticket was opened, but that got us nowhere.

Again, the issue is as stated in the title of this post; Game purchased through Steam crashes upon internet connection, and has been crashing since the release of SU5. Annoying to put it mildly, and itā€™s not even my game crashing!

1 Like