CTD when entering route into FMC - A310

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

On the A310, every time I enter the route into the FMC, for example EGCC/EGKK, as soon as I press the top right key to enter it, it crashes to desktop.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

N/A

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Turn on batteries, external power, enter the route into the FMC.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Highly speced PC, Airbus throttle quadrant and sidestick.

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

1497151762948667748, type 4

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Same problem here, I did some testing and apparently IniBuild’s own LEIB Ibiza Airport causes this. But maybe other custom airports are affected too.

3 Likes

I tried Manchester, Frankfurt and Gatwick, did the same thing on each of them. Can’t even automatically load from SimBrief, and if I try to load in the route on the simulator before clicking fly, when it gets to the ready screen it says that the program has run out of memory and crashes anyway!

1 Like

I had the same problem not ctd, I had frezze and cant do anything anymore but not only A310, namely also on the 737 sometimes or on worldmap

Same here, also when in SIMBRIEF menu within FMC.

CTD

YBBN/WSSS

Hey I found the solution for me. Every time I tried, I had Gatwick as either the Start or Destination. I have the freeware scenery for Gatwick and it was conflicting with that. Any route that doesn’t involve Gatwick works.

If you have any scenery at your start or destination, maybe try uninstalling that?

Same issue. Happening even when not using add-on airfields.

Same issue here. I have tried at many airports and it will CTD every time I enter the airports into the init page. pls help :frowning:

1 Like

Further info. At least for me, this appears to be an issue with FSDreamTeam sceneries being the destination. It happens with both KORD and LSZH. Interestingly, there’s a thread on the iniBuilds forum stating that this issue can occur in a scenery with a custom ILS. That said, I’m pretty sure this is an issue for iniBuilds/Asobo to fix, and not for FSDreamTeam to fix. This CTD behavior is not happening with any other aircraft utilizing a nav database, including the FBW A32nx or the Fenix A320.

https://forum.inibuilds.com/topic/6000-ctds-when-entering-information-into-fmc/

1 Like

A310 uninstalled/deleted within MSFS Content Manager.

re-downloaded and installed A310 within MSFS Content Manager.

still CTD, same as previously. Entering YBBN/WSSS init page FMC.

I have also converted my flight plan generated with SimBrief in the iniManager. And I have an up to date Navigraph sub.

I had CDTs and once I updated Navigraph Navdata Center everything was back to normal.

Thank you, fixed.

downloaded Navigraph Navdata Center, updated everything, and working, no CTD.

So currently the only fix is locked behind a navigraph paid subscription…

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

I dont have event 1001, below is the event 1000 which occured. I tried to load KJFK/KORD in FMS

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.29.28.0, time stamp: 0x635faded
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.29.28.0, time stamp: 0x635faded
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001c586a1
Faulting process id: 0x35b0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8f84dfbb17f63
Faulting application path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 965f0146-9f17-4454-a414-fddfc0108aca
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have had CTDs every time I use the ini-A310 and try to link it to Simbrief. It worked the day after the release but now it doesn’t matter the airport, if I try it C&D or the runway, whatever and whenever. The XboxX console just shuts off!

What’s going on? What’s iniBuild doing as there has to be a resolution or a work around. Help, because it looks like a great product.

I’ve seen IniBuilds say to remove custom airports that have custom ILS if you have them too and wait for the scenery developer to fix it. Kind of a sucky situation…

Only custom airport I have with the issue is ORBX YBBN from the marketplace.

Same here. CTD when click SimBrief on MCDU.

I’ve been flying the Working Title CJ4 forever which has a similar Simbrief Recall procedure via the FMS. It works fine if the Navigraph Database is out of date.

It’s not a insurmountable problem, the A310 developer should be able to fix it. I read somewhere this morning that a fix will soon be available in Beta. Hopefully the fix will move quickly to stable.

Continuing the discussion from Beta Update (1.29.29.0) - Nov. 17th, 2022:

1 Like

Same for me…