CTD when exiting aircraft from VR

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

If I exit VR mode while still in the aircraft I get a CTD. If I return to main menu before exiting VR sim remains running. This did not happen till this Beta.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Fly in VR then try to exit VR whilst still in aircraft.>

PC specs and peripheral set up (including which VR headset you are using):

i9 10900KF, RTX3070, 32Gb Ram, HP Reverb G2

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

DX11

Are you using DLSS?

Yes & TAA. Happens with both.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Further to my above report I have since discovered that this issue appears to only happen when in full screen mode. If the sim is in windowed mode before & after activating VR the sim does not crash. In addition when shutting down the engines my view does not change back to default but stays where I set it during flight.

Are you sure about that one? That is my most hated bug in the sim. It’s vile.

It I have to close my eyes when I hit the avionics power switch untill the commotion is over.

Windowed mode is very risky in VR. But if it did fix that I would take the risk.

Well it worked for me numerous times when tested yesterday to my surprise. I like you usually shut my eyes when shutting down to miss the jumping around the flight deck issue. I can’t say I’ve had any problems when in windowed mode & wasn’t aware there were any. I don’t usually fly like that & somehow accidently ended up there as I have a Razer game pad with commands for that & accidently hit the wrong button. Have used it a few times since with no issue. Will test again tomorrow morning.

Thanks, the only issue with running windowed in VR is the likelihood you may deactivate the active window.

If that happens you lose the mouse and it’s hard to tell why until you take the headset off.

I think you are the only other person I’ve seen bothered by that end of flight camera bug! I’m not sure why it doesn’t bother more people.

I call it the “virtual assault”. It feels like someone has grabbed your head and is smashing it into the ceiling and instrument cluster. I hate it so much.

One thing to consider, the virtual assault doesn’t trigger if you don’t leave the ground. That could be it if you aren’t doing a full flight.

What causes it, is the sim finalizing the log book. Supposedly it used to dump to the log book at that point. People complaind, so they kept the action but just hid it. So the whole VR camera reinitializes for no good reason.

I can confirm that running in windowed mode seems to cure the shutdown problem for me as well.

This seems to be a usable workaround for those currently closing their eyes to avoid the nausea. Also, if he works in windowed mode, It may explain why Martial said he could not see the problem during the recent dev Q&A.

The end of flight VR view reset will probably not happen if you don’t specify the destination airport (MSFS will probably not attempt to create the logbook entry).

If you don’t actually fly it definitely doesn’t happen. But I’ve done touch and goes without it happening and do see a log entry.

I resubmitted a zendesk ticket with details on reproducing. Although I did that a few years ago.

I really hate this bug. I’m probably the minority of those who want to do the post flight checklist. :rofl: You kind of need to do them with 3rd party aircraft since they save state.

On SU15 I experienced seeing the log book for about 1/4 of a second before the camera did it’s customary jumping around. In a way, that’s less disturbing. Made me wonder if they are looking at it.

When i click a upper panel switch. Ive actually closed the sim. Thats when i give up for the day instead of waiting to restart. Thats why i dont use windowed mode in vr. Lol

Year, some people swear by windowed mode in VR, but it’s just asking for problems. I don’t know how that could work unless one didn’t use a mouse at all.

Thats probably it. I know where my mouse is. Its rather like reaching for the fcu. The “virtual” controllers annoy me in VR. never saw those in anything ive flown in life. Lol

I think really great hand tracking might work. It seems popular in DCS now. But it also seems weird to not have the tactile feel.

I just got a quest 3 today. I should try the controllers with it. Mainly cause they are half the size of the controllers for the hp g2. Who knows. Something for tomorrow.

I think I tried the controllers on the G2 in the sim once and gave up right away.

The Q3 controllers are nice though.