CTD when exiting menus to flight

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
PC

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Store

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
No

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
CTD entering Menu from flight

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Reinstall core program emptied community folder

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
3900 I& 11700 32 meg

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

I have been fine with CTDs for many months . After the server outage 3days ago . Sim freezes and CTD when entering menus from flight . Anyone else having same issue or is it just me and time to re-install.

No idea complete fresh install and still going this . Has been working fine up to the server outage mid week .

I should say the freeze and CTD is coming back to flight from menus to flight .I can enter menus no problem.

For now would be good to confirm this problem is just me and not a general issue. Spawn at an airport press esc to enter menus then resume . I will then freeze screen and CTD after a few seconds.

Could anyone test for me , I am assuming no general issue next stop for me wiping windows.

Can anyone help and confirm this is not a general fault ???

I’m my case I’m not havng it. It has been stable since a while a go. Just a CTD after a flight was completed and was coming wack to main menu. But only happened once in the last 2 weeks

I recommedn you to try different graphics settings even using v-sync on and see if the same issue happens, as you are confirming you don’t have anything in the community folder. This just to discard if there anything else on the system generating issues (understanding there is no clarity on the cause.)

Thanks for the reply working through everything but this one is stumping me . Completely repeatable as well . Looks like I am going to be reformatting windows at this rate.

Everytime when I want to return to Main Menu, CTD.
Maybe 9 from 10.
I tried with default, no mods, no overclock, still no luck
Should I try to uninstall MSFS 2020 and install it again ???
Would that help ?

for me i had to remove my saitek flight yoke was using with an x52 and trim wheel. Have been for months. Wiped everything still CTD on return from flight menu. X52 and trim wheel now works fine on there own.

I have issue with CDT when returning to flight from menu.

Untill yesterday it was fine. Only what I did, updated FBW A320 to v0.7.1.

So far I tried:

• restore FBW A320 to v0.7.0
  • no mods (safe mode)
  • different aircrafts (defaultcand 3rd party, in safe mode and normal mode)
  • different airports
  • checked files integrity in Steam, after that I need to make download some 20 GB update

Next move I planned is to complete reinstall, but I see in posts above no solution even with complete Windows reinstall.

Anyone figure it out some solution in meantime?

I had to remove my saitek flight yoke retried after su6 and still the same. Works on it’s own but not with my x52 .

I have Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS, I will try without them connected.

If it doesn’t happens without joystick or throttle connected that is the cause.

I have that HOTAS for 5 months it didn’t happened before. I had CTD but between SU5 and hotfix.

If the cause is HOTAS and could make it work, than I am in problem.

@StarDreller so far I understand you, you you can’t use yoke and x52 together?
Works with one or another connected?

Update:

I loaded flight without HOTAS connected. Pressed Esc, than clicked return. And it didn’t crashed the sim.
Than I connected throttle, again Esc → return, no crash. After that connected joystick, again Esc → return, it didn’t crash.
I exit from flight, started another without unpluging HOTAS, again Esc → return, no crush. I countinued that flight, checking few times Esc → return so far so good.
It remains to see what will happen when I exit FS and load another fligh. I hope it wont happen again.

Thank you StarDreller.

No problem you are in the same place as I was .no idea of route cause seems post su5 .hf 2 .I settled for my hostas .I had already discarded in xbox controller a month earlier as causing slowdown in vr . Wish Asobo would sort.

Hi, looks like I solved my problem with CTD.

I contacted support at zendesk. They give me some instructions.

After I sent them some files they saw problem was ntdll.dll.

Because that dll can be corrupted by multiple cause, from some other software that doesn’t even have any connection with sim, to drivers.

So what I did, they instructed me to run scp /scannow in cmd. That scan found some corrupted files and fixed them. Clean reinstall of GPU drivers. After that I deleted my HOTAS drivers, because CTD occured if HOTAS is plugged in before sim starts and flight loaded, if I plug in when flight is loaded it doesn’t CTD.

Before I tried to reinstall HOTAS drivers but I didn’t remove them before reinstall.

Now I remove driver, than install it again.

Loaded two flights and not CTD when I am returning to flight.

I hope it won’t happen again.

And it happened again.

Again reinstalled HOTAS driver.

Don’t know why is it happening.

My opinion is, couse is MSFS, because it does happen on different hardware. It happens on Thrustmaster and Saitek hardware. I know Saitek have poor drivers, used it before, but on Thrustmaster I didn’t noticed any problems.

It is up to Asobo to take a deeper look in the problem.
Maybe problem is rare and happened to small number of simmers, but it is really annoying.

And I am little bit afraid that at some point reinstalling drivers won’t help.