CTD When Internet Connection is lost

I am running the Microsoft Windows Store version of the game. It seems whenever the internet disconnects and I have to reboot my modem/router, MSFS crashes to the desktop without any errors. My PC is connected via ethernet cable to the router and I am on the latest version of Windows 10 and the latest version of MSFS as of today.

This has happened multiple times and it happens even while just being on the main menu. I go to my router to do a simple turn off and on. But as soon as I turn off my router, MSFS crashes to the desktop without any messages.

Why can’t it just seamlessly switch to an offline mode when the internet disconnects??

I got this right now too. I was flying and CTD. No errors. I restarted sim and got connection lost message.

There is a service outrage currently which may be causing this:

No, this is not due to service outage. This is a bug with the game and I am able to reproduce it.

• Steps to reproduce
  1. Start the game and go to the main menu. Or even if you are on a flight in the game - it does not matter.
  2. Turn off your router/modem or disable the network interface on windows.
  3. Game will freeze and crash to the desktop without any error messages.

None of my other apps or past simulators do this and it is very unfortunate if I am in flight in the game and my internet happens to go out for a few minutes.

@SelfishWinner I can confirm that losing internet connection while MSFS is running causes a ctd.

A few weeks ago (in another thread about playing offline) I posted the same information: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/playing-offline/258280/19

It might be worth filing a ticket with zendesk.

This has not been fixed yet. Thiss warrants an urgent hotfix and cannot be ignored. If you have somewhat unreliable WiFi, like me, this happens basically every flight.

Mod Edit Translation:
For days my simulator is disconnected from data without having made changes, which loses all the virtues of the program, having me an Internet service with enough supply of Megas.
I request answer / solution to this problem.
Thank you

Desde hace dĂ­as mi simulador se desconecta de datos sin haber realizado cambios, con lo cual se pierden todas las virtudes del programa, teniendo yo un servicio de Internet con suficiente suministro de Megas.
Solicito respuesta / soluciĂłn a este inconveniente.
Gracias

111 / 5000

Resultados de traducciĂłn

the same here. I have 600Mb/s internet and it constantly disconnects from Bing and photogrammetry due to lack of data

I got the same problem, CTD whenever I get disconnected from the internet while on MSFS 2020.

I wonder if I am having the same issue.
I am having to tether to my mobile because my Internet Provider is a joke.

I get frequent freezes and crashes as the internet comes in and out as the mobile signal drops out.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.29.30.0, time stamp: 0x637cad1c
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.789, time stamp: 0x2bd748bf
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000007286e
Faulting process ID: 0x6630
Faulting application start time: 0x01d903f9a554832f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Fault bucket 2254718849455998986, type 5
Event Name: BEX64

Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: FlightSimulator.exe
P2: 1.29.30.0
P3: 637cad1c
P4: ucrtbase.dll
P5: 10.0.19041.789
P6: 2bd748bf
P7: 000000000007286e
P8: c0000409
P9: 0000000000000007
P10:

Just happened to me right now; 10 seconds blackout in my home and my sim crashes after losing Internet connection (I have a laptop, so I don’t lost my pc in a blackout). Lost 20 minutes of aircraft preparation for this, and imagining what would have happened to me after 1 hour or more is very demotivating…

1 Like

2023 and this issue is still here after sim update 12… unflyable

1 Like

Same for me, never experienced this issue and also not in SU12 beta, but now after SU12 full release my sim crashes or freezes immediately after loosing connection… Ruined my Cross the pond Event, after 2h of flying sim crashed, thx

I don’t have a CTD, but if the sim loses connection you get the message box offering to switch to offline. Except no mouse or keyboard control… it’s basically frozen. If it reconnects the box disappears but aircraft is basically paused, you can you look around as if active pause is enabled. Toggling active pause or just game pause on and off does nothing. Only solution is to exit to main menu.

Had this again, just dont pause the sim when telling me this, super frustrating

Happens to me yesterday too… on Approach the lovely red alert popped up, sound went off, finally the process was frozen and ctd.

1 Like

Exactly the same, unable to press any bottom, no solution other than exit. Flight finished.

Plenty of CTDS today is the server playing up. It’s constant

1 Like