CTD When Loading

This sim still crashes after the “Checking for Updates” is finished.

To the people who still have this problem, can you please check if you can load into the main menu when the internet is disconnected?

For me the sim is able to load into the main menu successfully without internet but still crashes a short while upon reconnection.

Same here. I spent all day yesterday and the day before helping a mate to try and start his sim. Loads until just before the main menu and then CTD, Tonight we turned off the internet connection and the sim loaded and came up with a data warning about not being connected. Whilst the flight was still loaded we turned the internet connection back on and he was able to complete a short flight. While there the rolling cache was emptied and all previous settings in the profile including logbook were correct. Shut down the sim and tried to restart with the internet connected, Same issue, CTD on the load up screen.
If I was a guessing man I would say that the CTD,s have something to do with the authentcation for the sim, In the multiplayer section there was a red warning about not being able to join in with anybody but when my own sim started I was able to see him. Obviously the sim fails to recognise his licence for the install.

1 Like

Same here, After passing the “Checking for updates” Screen my sims just CTDs with no error or event viewer log. However I’ve had 2 logs that seems to have come very rarely but every CTD is with no error

I tried disconnecting from the internet and the sims actually starts reaching the main menu screen like it should. but as soon as i turn on the internet it immediately freezes then I have to close it. After connecting I get the same initial issue at hand, I just CTD after passing the “Checking for updates” screen

1 Like

Can’t do that, I think it’s because I have the steam version

1 Like

You mean a reset of the app? Didn"t work for me. According to Microsoft it is a deep game problem.

I did not have CTD on SU9 but got continuous CTD after the HOTFIX released and installed thru Steam client. I’ve tried to totally reinstall MSFS, removed all appdata and cache data, but still CTD while first startup the sim.

My system is i9-10900F+64GB RAM+2TB NVMe SSD+RTX3070+Tobii eye tracker

1 Like

After the hot fix I am now getting CTD’s on the world map and randomly during a flight, did not have this with the main SU9. Also steam release. Nothing shows up for me in the even viewer either. Typical.

1 Like

Managed to get through one flight after recent hotfix. Then when trying again, CTD on world map. After this, it now crashes consistently on startup and immediately after main menu is rendered into view. Which is exactly the same behavior as for months before the hotfix. What a serious quality failure this product is. Seriously! Software in 2022 doesn’t crash on startup! Shape up! We paid for this!

2 Likes

can you please give informations about your system ( specs, OC, … ) … may be the message from windows event log… installed mods ( e.g. also google-map-replacments )… etc. ?

Telling that somewhat crash isnt enought info that users can give you helpfull hints :wink:

1 Like

same for me after hotfix shame, really! Sick of bad performance and ctd now

1 Like

My event log or system specs aren’t going to fix anything. I’m not interested in a workaround, I’m ONLY interested in Asobo taking their responsibility. MSFS is one of the most modded products for the past 25 years. They have seriously underestimated the ecosystem needed to support mods of various quality and not letting them have an impact on the core product.

Actually, there are so many layers of problems here. Starting with the quality of the core product. It’s broken even unmodded and add to that a ton of mods of varying quality and stability. You need to provide a robust system around this. Other, less complex games, have realized this. You do a mod-check on startup. Anything incompatible or conflicting - disable and inform the user. The only information we get with this joke of a software is a CTD and windows logs.

1. Asobo needs to seriously improve their QA practices. You need more smoke testing and also include modded environments, despite it not being in your direct control.
  2. Stop pumping out content when the core product is broken for tens of thousands of paying customers. Shift your focus to quality and not quantity.
  3. You need to build a failsafe system run on startup or even before startup. Could be a launcher utility. You need to check mods, settings, windows libraries, drivers etc and validate. You also need proper logs and error handling to inform what actually is working and what is not. This is a considerable investment, as it’s a complex system. But at this point seeing how unstable this product is, it seems absolutely necessary in order to not destroy the reputation of the brand.

if you not want to give helpfull informations, you are wrong within these Bug Topic, because these is a BUG REPORT which per se must contain informations.

A feedback and constructive critism about the quality of the game can you give in the blue category, this is nothing we discuss here. There are some existing topics in which you can join…

This is not a bug report, it’s a comment on a bug report. I find your comment less useful than mine, which actually contains some constructive criticism on the matter at hand (CTD when loading). If you don’t like the comment, close your eyes and move on.

1 Like