CTD When Loading

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
no
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
no
Brief description of the issue:
CTD when loading after SU5 update. Never gets past the loading screen.
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
It never gets into the game. CTD on loading screen.
Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Start the game. CTD on loading.
PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
i7-9700k, 32G ram, 2070 Super graphics card
Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
Right after SU5 update. Fine until the update.
Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
MS Store
Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

It’s a shame that we don’t have an option to roll back the update. Game is useless to me in this state. Won’t even start without a CTD.

1 Like

Same issue here - CTD just as the Cessna appears in the background and the quit to desktop and switch to VR text appears at the bottom of the screen?

2 Likes

Is there any specific planes this happens in. Also any airports . Also please try a hand crafted one. If a32nx follow there guide on there discord

No. Mine crashes near the end of the loading screen. It shows a “hornet” plane. When the screen shows “take the pilot seat” it crashes shortly after every time. Never gets into the game itself.

No plane because it never gets that far. Crashes on loading screen.

Never loads from the world map. Blue loading bar for eternity. Game is now worthless. Running with no mods. No rolling cache. On my third reinstall.

Same here, no CTDs until this latest hotfix. Loads black screen then CTD.
Was working fine after the hotfix, rebooted and now nothing.

This is absolutely crazy.
On Monday I had a reasonably reliable sim with acceptable performance albeit it with a few stutters now and then, but overall a good experience. I have accepted from the beginning that it is very likely to take a few years for this sim to really shine as and when 3rd party developers start bringing high quality study level aircraft to the sim (A2A, PMDG)…

My expectation/hope for this latest update was not unreasonably high really I was just hoping for a slightly smoother/crisper experience in VR, anything else, e.g. other improvements or additional content was just going to be a bonus to me.

What I really was not expecting however, was for the sim to be utterly and totally broken for me.
Given other people’s experience I really do not feel a re-installation is actually going to do anything other than cause my blood pressure to rise. i.e. my expectation is I will spend hours and hours trying to download the sim again only to end up with the same result.

If I am totally honest, I am really starting to wonder if this sim update has caused us such fundamental problems that only a full Windows re-installation may be the only way to fix the problem. That said, the thought of going to that much effort with literally days of re-installing every other piece of software and hour and HOURS of downloading/installing other sims etc. really does NOT appeal, particularly without a cast-iron guarantee that would fix the issues.

I really do see the long term potential of this sim, but right now this has been the worse software issue I have experienced in 30+ years of computer use. My faith in this sim and it actually being fixed is really being tested to the limits. I don’t even want to fly now, I just want it to work!

4 Likes

Have the same as the first post, just like I had before the hotfix. The load screen pops up with the Hornet and a rhino, load bar crawls across the bottom of the screen and… crash to desktop.

1 Like

Same here! Starting the sim, it checks for updates then it continues for a little while. Then the screen turns black and I’m back to desktop.

2 Likes

Now I got it to work!!! Here’s what I did:

Start → Apps & features → Click on Microsoft Flight Simulator and Advanced Options

Then I did a Reset.

1 Like

Mine CTD when I click FLY, I can see all menus with no crash, just when I click FLY :woozy_face:

1 Like

Did you delete your rolling cache?

Yes, I di that to

there gose my friday night :frowning:

It’s annoying even the moderators are just backing up asobo I’ve had enough literally them blaming it on us pathetic

1 Like

A complete reinstall is not a bad idea. Here is what “worked” for me. Remove everything from the community folder. Do a complete reinstall. All 140 plus gigs. Do NOT put anything back in the community folder. I am now able to load from the world map and enjoy the sim but do miss a number of mod aircraft and spiffed up airports and scenery.

1 Like

To be fair I kind of get that… the latest patch has unfortunately caused a lot of problems and bad feeling for many users.
Users who are enjoying the benefits (as expected) from the latest updates are likely spending far more of their time actually using the sim than visiting the forums to read the negative comments from those of us who are now really struggling to run the sim. As a result the forum has become a very negative place and would feel quite hostile if you are at some level representing the devs.

Lets’ be clear there is also a BIG difference between not liking some of the changes against not actually being able to run the software at all. For some of us the hotfix has done absolutely nothing, but at this point we have no word about what actions (if any) Asobo/MS are taking to resolve these issues.
That leaves us users not knowing if we can expect further resolutions (potential hotfixes/patches), are expected to wait until the next sim update or are being left to trouble shoot ourselves until we find a resolution???

Solved my CTD on loading issue.
This morning I did a clean install of MSFS and got no results. It was still CTD on the loading screen.
I reverted back to NVIDIA driver 471.11 and all is good so far.
I am able to get into the game and flew a short C172 flight without problems.

More information:
The sim was running after the NVIDIA driver CLEAN install.
I reloaded my Nvidia Inspector profiles and the CTD on loading returned.
So I did another NVIDIA clean install, which removes the Nvidia settings, and once again the sim started.
At least for me it has something to do with the NVIDIA settings.