CTD when selecting higher than Native Resolution using DLSS

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

NO

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

YES

Brief description of the issue:

CTD when I select a setting of 5160 x 2160, the native setting of my monitor is 3440 x1440.
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
CTD

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

The sim runs fine, nothing changed until I installed the latest SU11

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Microsoft Flight Sim Premium Deluxe, PC Store version.
Window 10 pro 64 - DX 11
Thrustmaster Airbus SideStick & 4 Lever Quadrant
Ryzen 7 3700X
GIGABYTE RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB GAMING OC Pro
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (DDR4-3200)
Gigabyte 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe
Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE
MSI Optix MAG341CQ 3440 x 1440

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Fault bucket 1885345241302204032, type 5

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

thats not DLSS … you try possible DSR , or internal game-scaling, in an absurd high resolution , related to your 3060ti with 8gig vram only. Or may be you try to combine both, what may be still is too much for your card.

You can add the log from windows event viewer… but sounds not like a bug from the game.

1 Like

I would not suggest any upscaling with a 3060ti on 3440x1440. I had the 3060ti same resolution and the sim would ctd when using DLDSR or DSR.
I even tried different drivers and it did the same thing. Make Sure youre not running ultra settings.

I returned my 3060ti for an rx6800. I’m not suggesting you do the same. Lets just say I’m taking a risk buying AMD.

I found 8gb not to be enough at that resolution.

I took a screenshot of what I was running I am trying to find it now, it was on 5160 x 2160 since the Nvidia changes came out, I only upscaled to get the Glass Screens sharp and it worked. It looked really good.

Found it, sometimes when I booted the Sim up it reverted back to 3440 x1440 and I could tell straight away when looking at the cockpit screens, but I was running at 5160 with over 35 FPS with no problems at all.

If you have doubts that the 3060ti couldn’t do it, here is a post from September.

try to use DLSS Super Resolution → DLAA instead

Also, I still waiting for the error reported within the windows event log.

Tried Super Res and CTD just the same.

Do you mean the Fault Bucket ID?

I have moved my PC to another room and I am using WiFi instead of Ethernet, but my connection is still 75Mbps with 11ms ping and rock solid, that should have nothing to do with this problem, as I can run the 5160 resolution in another game with no problems.

As I say the problem only occurred after SU11

no no, that can only MS itself check… that is the id of the report which is sent.

We can only seen whats localy reported. “Tool” is called “windows event viewer” , an example “howto” : How to use Event Viewer on Windows 10 | Windows Central

This give us sometimes interessting informations.

EDIT: related to the Edit… I not mentioned a relation to network connection :slight_smile:

PS: DLAA ( only that in DLSS area, not the other one ) is DLSS but there is no downscaling and the “KI algorithm” work so on your native resoltion and makes the image better.

Is this the section does Type 5 relate to P5 = .dll problem

thanks, thats perfect :slight_smile:

The d3d11.dll error comes usually in case the GPU is in trouble. That match with what I meantion. You can of course also search with that keyword in forum. There is a little chance that the driver cause that, but I fear, as mentioned the 3060ti/8g is a bit in stress :).

How looks DLSS->DLAA for you ? ( but also here the note, it needs gpu power )

Hi MichaMMA
Thanks for your help.

I tried DLAA today and I can run in 5160x2880 resolution with “HIGH” settings and is it a good picture but not as good as DLSS, and the framerate is around 30-32 fps and with DLAA the glass screen doesn’t seem to be affected, so it will do for now until I get the 5800X3D in the black Friday sale … as if!

I have noticed 2 other problems since SU11

1, If I go outside the cockpit, say the Cessna, I hear a very loud jet engine and I mean loud! also the same if I go outside the FBW 320, the same a very loud like a jet engine at 80%, this occurred with zero add-ons and an empty Community folder. So there is a corrupt engine sound file running no matter what aircraft I select?

2, On boot-up, the update page whirls for over a minute ( 1m 13 secs) but the boo-up time is still acceptable considering what we used to have!

I would like repeat: NOT the DLAA setting ( this is not good ). I mean the DLSS → DLAA setting and in your NATIVE resolution :slight_smile:

To other point one:
I seen somewhere in forum a “new” topic about.

Yes, I have tried DLSS settings again tonight but the Glass screens are not perfect and the numbers blur when changing altitude etc. Thats why I was using 5160x 2880 because the blurriness was reduced.
But on the brighter side these settings do give me 40-50 FPS, which is great.

But if I go to the higher resolution the glass screens were acceptable and the game play was really smooth, and that has been super for months!
But now if I go to the higher res the sim CTD, it’s definately down to SU11.

I have loads of pictures over the months running the Sim at those High Res settings.

Point 1, yes I read that today, other bug to add to the list.

As the FPS app shows you can run at 5160 with the 3060Ti in DLSS mode