CTD when switching to Full Screen

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

yes

Brief description of the issue:

after update sim starts in Windowed mode, when I select full screen and OK sim CTD

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Start sim, change option to Full Screen, click ok, then CTD

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

Nvidia 4090 driver 536.40

PC specs and peripheral set up:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.33.8.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: d3d11.dll, version: 10.0.22621.1928, time stamp: 0xc1d7eaae
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000108e5d
Faulting process id: 0x0x3ADC
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D9C3FEC68663C9
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.33.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll
Report Id: 33b8bbf2-022c-4b9a-8a26-fe2483cf2fb0
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.33.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

After trying 3 times, clearing community folder, playing with the full screen resolution setting, and trying a 4th time it did not CTD. I have no idea why it started doing this nor why it stopped…I just want to FLY!

1 Like

Try 536.67

Moved to Tech Talk which is more appropriate whilst other users help you troubleshoot :+1:

I can confirm the issue. Indeed it also happens when exiting dev mode from top menu instead of using the main menu setting (this change also involves a window resize once top menu disappears). Tested with latest Nvidia.

Cheers