CTD while streaming, crashes obs and audio apps

I just got this CTD right at 500ft on a approach. With no scenery installed that was anywhere near my destination airport. I actually got the same later after loading into another default airport.

The weird thing is, it happened while streaming and the crash crashed my whole OBS, causing it to shut down my stream and bugging out all audio devices. A pc restart was needed to fix the problem. Today was the first day I experienced it and it never happened before

System:
Steam
AMD R7 5800X
RTX 2070 Super
32GB RAM
MSFS 1.18.15.0
driver 471.11

FPS are capped to 40fps via Nvidia Control panel.
VCredists are freshly new.
Live traffic is off.

No before we start the whole “disable all addons” search, which I actually dont have time to test, my question is, wether someone experienced the same issue. Especially with the whole obs/audio apps crash which is new to me.

Cheers in advance

Hello @St54Kevin .
If you suffer from CTDs you may want to take a look at:

This section unfortunately seems to apply to you:

The following Apps are known to cause Microsoft Flight Simulator to crash:

1. Seagate Toolkit
  2. ASUS Dual Intelligent Processors 5 (DIP5)
  3. Nahimic service
  4. Asus Sonic Studio 2
  5. Windows Audio Service
  6. Garmin Express
  7. WD Backup
  8. Logitech G Hub
  9. Project Lasso software
  10. MSI Afterburner / Riva Tuner Statistics Server
  11. EVGA Precision
  12. OBS
  13. Xsplit
  14. Discord
  15. MacType
  16. Warsaw Banking App
  17. Wallpaper Engine
  18. A-Volute Sound studio
  19. Malwarebytes
  20. Trend Micro Maximum Security
  21. Comodo Antivirus
  22. Sophos
  23. Emisoft Anti-Malware
  24. Avira
  25. Avast & Avast Cleanup
  26. Bullguard

Pay particular attention to the programs from this list.

Maybe try to disable the relevant programs for testing.

Oh nice so pretty much stop streaming :slight_smile: Well Wilco :smiley:

I know sorry, but I don’t have a better solution/suggestion for you at the moment :cry: .

these list of tools have to be used with a bit “wide view” :slight_smile:

Some tools comes onto these list because of single user reports.

In special OBS offers a wide range of settings and just simple the rendering CPU or Hardware can made the difference. But I can record (not stream) msfs videos with obs without issues.

The points which are mentioned :

sounds for me more like what other users reported too ( seem more since Su5 ) and may be the relation to OBS was not real reason for that 000005.

1 Like

Yeah honestly I’m so tired of these “change these 50 settings at a time to find the issue” guides, that I simply ignore them. We just need a MSFS crash log. MS Event viewer is useless most of the times, and I say that as an IT administrator

It seems we are facing the same issue. Try to see if my thread applies also to you, I was using Shadowplay and/or the internal replay tool.