CTD with VoloCity SU7

Meridian, thanks for the clarification, I now do indeed sse that you were trying to be helpful and apologies for my misunderstanding.

I’m also getting the same crash … load a different aircraft at an airport to check all working OK and then, when trying the same airport with VoloCity, get crash about 75% into the loading screen.

1 Like

I know what the problem is. And it’s bad. CTD was still occurring after fresh Windows install. So I changed CPU → everything is working now, no CTD!

This is wrong. There are other games that started using AVX/SSE4.2 instructions and never told anyone (Star Citizen, Apex). People are being forced to upgrade their hardware even if it’s just one option in many while compiling software. This should be optional, not mandatory. I hope devs will found a way to convert VoloCity to legacy instruction set so more people can enjoy flying it.

TL;DR: VoloCity need more modern CPUs with AVX or SSE4.2 instructions.

Obviously not confirmed 100%, I didn’t disassembled any binaries to check everything.

1 Like

Oh c**p well if that’s the case I’m done - they better not do this to the rest of the sim else I’ll be asking for a refund.

I have an original 1st Gen i7-920 O/C to 3.6-4Ghz

What CPU does everyone else have that’s getting the CTD - what was yours before you upgraded ?

Phenom II X4 965BE → Ryzen 7 2700X
Also tested on second 965BE and Athlon II X2 240 with the same CTD (different machines).

1 Like

Hello,

Same problem here, using i7 980x. No AVX.

1 Like

i7 990X and I’m also getting the CTD upon loading.

1 Like

I’m also getting the crash when the bar reaches 75%. I have a pentium g4560 and I hope they fix this hardware issue you are talking about, I can’t afford to upgrade my hardware.

1 Like

I have it also in several locations with empty third party folder.
All other planes work well.

Thanks for the heads up. I am going to move this into Bugs & Issues where it might be seen by the development team. I don’t know how they pull debugging information, but perhaps they could look at the list of people posting about CTDs and cross-reference that information against their CTD telemetry data.

CC: @AgeRay27

I have the same issue with CTD when trying to load the VoloCity. I also cannot fly any of the Reno Air race planes properly in open world flights…loss of control. I also have a i7-970 cpu that seems to have problems since the last world up-date. They have left out instructions for older CPU’s. The game worked fine until this last patch and now many issues. Please fix what used to work.

1 Like

I have the same issue with CTD when trying to load the VoloCity. I also cannot fly any of the Reno Air race planes properly in open world flights…loss of control. I also have a i7-970 cpu that seems to have problems since the last world up-date. They have left out instructions for older CPU’s. The game worked fine until this last patch and now many issues. Please fix what used to work.

MODERATOR EDIT:
Same worries and with a clean FS2020… 75 percent the sound of music stops first and then CTD…

Idem meme soucis et avec un FS2020 clean… 75 pour cent le son de la musique s’arrete en premier et retour bureau…

Could you confirm if you are still seeing a CTD with the latest update?

Yes ! I confirm that I still have CTD after SU8 with VoloCity.

Best regards

Same still have the CTD at 75% blue bar on loading screen.

For those experiencing this crash, would you mind posting your Fault Bucket ID here after it crashes? Our team is having trouble reproducing this issue and needs your help. Thanks!

You probably can’t reproduce it because your not testing with a 1st generation i7 or similar processor that lacks AVX instruction set support in the CPU.

It seems pretty obvious from all the reports here that that is the problem.

Find, attached to my answer, two files containing the requested informations you need !

As a comment to the post of AgeRay27, my system is a Dell Precision T5400 equiped with
Intel Xeon(R) E5405 cadenced at 2.00GHz and 10.00 Go of RAM.

Fly safe

As a reminder, the minimum requirements state either a Ryzen 3 1200 or an Intel Core i5-4460 CPU, both of these support SSE4.x and AVX/AVX2. Hopefully this will be an easy fix, but it is essentially unsupported hardware so it might not be guaranteed.