CTD without message while decompressing "fs-base-0.1.165.fspatch.part"

Hey there,
my Packageinstaller has a really strange behavior and after hours of trying different Workarounds i have no idea left.

All started with the latest Update of ~26Gigs. While Updating the hole thing MSFS CTD without any error message.
As i tried to Restart the Update the xbox app is just sayin “unable to start App.plz reinstall”

After reinstall im able to start an ~6Gig update but it will always Crash after downloading while the start of decompressing “fs-base-0.1.165.fspatch.part”

As usual i tried to find some hint in the Windows Eventlog and also in Windowsreliability Tool but there isnt anything related to MSFS, xBox App, MS-Store…

Steps i performed until now:

• Deleting Cashes
  • Updated every thing ( Windows, Store-Items, GPU, BIOS, MB…)
  • Deleting .fspatch.part files in the OneStore Folder
  • Extend pagefile on C:\ from 4982 to 33000 MB
  • Extend pagefile on F:\ (where MFSF is installed) to 12000
  • performed sfc\scannow
  • Deleting the complete fs-base Folder (Installer downloading 28gig succsesfull just to crash while decomp 0.1.165)
  • renamed Community Folder

I really dont want to download the hole thing again just to see another crash! And i hope that someone has similiar issues solved before…

My System

• MSFS Standard Edition from GamePass ( MS-Store)
  • Win 10 Pro
  • MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Wifi
  • MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3x
  • Ryzen 7 3700x
  • 32 GB RAM 3200Mhz (Gskill aegis)
  • ~240GB Free Space on F:\ (where MSFS is installed)
  • ~490 GB Free Space on C:\
1 Like

Did you resolve this?

I have a continous CTD after a lentghy being stuck in decompressing.
If I open the critical file in WinRAR it can be decompressed quicky, so I am considering if I should just do the decompression/copying manually.

However is MSFS maintaining a log it refers to when determining what patches it needs to redownload…

/Stephen

Hey Stephen,
Yes I solved the Problem somehow but possibly by pure luck…idk

I was participant of the “Windows Insider” Program and therefore my installed Windows version was an Insider Preview Build. I recognized this by typing “winver” in the searchbar and hit enter.

After cancelling the perscription to the Preview Channel and rebooting i tried to update MSFS from scratch by deleting compressed .fspatch.part files in the onestore folder. (Just as i did several Times before)

This time it finally works without CTD while decompressing the update files.
I hope this will help u…
Are you in the Insider Program too?

Let me know if it works for you. Im curious wether it was all about the Windows Preview Build or not…

/Silas

I am stuck in the installation of fs-base.1.156 - .197.
It installs up until .197, then the installer deletes the entire /fs-base subdir and starts all over on the download…

I am not on the insider program - no. Didnt have my current powerfull PC at the time of opening of applications.