CTDs after about 3h of flight - Xbox X

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No, on xbox doesn’t exist

Brief description of the issue:

After about 2 - 3 hours of flught, long freezing in cabin view and CTD

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Xbox Series X version of Premium Deluxe Edition Microsoft Flight Simulator 1.27.14.0.

It happened already yesterday during a trip from Catania to New York (experimental test to discover how long an A320 Neo flies befor fuel empty itself completely), and it happened now during trip from Catania to London.
This new issues, believe me never happened until this last 1.27.14.0 Sim Update you launched yeaterday.
Here are details:
After about 3 hour of a perfect, smooth and flawles running (minutes more or minutes less), the game, in cabin view, freezes itself for about 15 - 20 aecond with the sound effects working as it nothing happens, but the game acreen paralyzed and stuck in cabin view and after goes in CTD.
And when the game screen paralyzes itself, also the ground surface, i can see through the cockpit’s windows, disappears showing me an empty blue surface like when i fly on sea surfaces.
Update: i forgot a particular maybe important for the developes’ investigations: alway after 3 hours about, i bump in this long time freeze and CTD with ground surfaces disappearance issue when i push on my Xbox controller the “back” button wich is left from the “Xbox guide” button (the one with the “X” logo at the top of the controller) to watch the panorama via outer camera (i use always cockpit camera).
Hope this will give further help to developers in investigating and fixing this new issue.
I also uninstalled the game and unplugged the console due to rebooting and cleansing caches either in console and game, just a last hope to be luck in making this issue go away, but i fear to not be fortunate in this, i just try, but only God knows…

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

No PC but Xbox Series X version of Microsoft Flight Simulator and use Xbox controller.

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Are you using DX12?

Are you using DLSS?

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Topic title altered to reflect report. Short and concise titles are better. :+1:

Why, if i may ask, so?

Forgive me, just only a little question more: what, if i would ask to just add “Long time freeze” to “CTD after 3 hours of flight”? Just to show this as a new issue never happened before… excuse me

Yes, you may do that. :slight_smile:

Thank, you. I indeed changed the title in “Long time freezings and CTDs afrer 3 hours of flight”, thank you for granting me permission

Good morning, good forum manager, i returned to your way rechanging the title into “CTDs after 3 hours of flight” just to hope and assure myself that the forum, you managers, and even (i hope) the developers can find and read my post and begin investigations on this new issue maybe launching an hotfix or update to fix and eliminating it, since it prevents me from enjoying the game by completing a flight normally, either is short, medium or long range.

1 Like

Update: i can remeber also where the long freezing, ground surfaces disappearance and CTD issues broke out: route Catania to New York, between ORBIL waypoint and the coast of Montpelier where i couldn’t see the ground surface of that french city, and, route Catania to London, at about fifty nautical miles from BUROG waypoint wich is on the Nederland shores North - Northeast from Amsterdam.
These routes aren’t possible to plan via world map on the main menu, but they were planned by myself through the MCDU of the A320 Neo (the plane i use for playing and my favorite one among all the others, the second favourite one is Cessna 152).
Giving these hint in hope to further help the developers in investigating the long freezing, ground surfaces disappearance and CTD issues occurred after 3 hours of flight.

Update: i forgot a particular maybe important for the developes’ investigations: alway after 3 hours about, i bump in this long time freeze and CTD with ground surfaces disappearance issue when i push on my Xbox controller the “back” button wich is left from the “Xbox guide” button (the one with the “X” logo at the top of the controller) to watch the panorama via outer camera (i use always cockpit camera).
Hope this will give further help to developers in investigating and fixing this new issue.
I also uninstalled the game and unplugged the console due to rebooting and cleansing caches either in console and game, just a last hope to be luck in making this issue go away, but i fear to not be fortunate in this, i just try, but only God knows…