CTDs after SU10 update

I had done these two before and with no positive result. I’ll try other command lines later.
Today I tried the latest nVidia driver 517.48, turn off online services, stop the “Nahimic” service, remove Realtek audio console and driver, re-install the Realtek audio console and driver. After each step I’ll start the sim and made a test flight. Still got CTDs everytime, and the time that CTD occurs became within 10 mins into the flight with TAA and 5~30 mins with DLSS. The last thing I can try would be those command lines or refresh win10. If problem still exists, then maybe it’s time for me went back to P3D until the next update from MSFS.

I am getting constant CTD - sometimes with hardware error sometimes not. Sometimes I can get into a flight sometimes not - VR is not working all insta CTD. All started after the update. Very frustrating

Fault bucket - 1181227397756448464, type 4

Any official word?

Sorry specs

RYZEN 5 2600x
RTX 3080ti
16GB RAM

I’m certainly getting more CTD’s than I ever used to. Oddly it happen most of all after I press Fly. The sim also crashes if you click on another players plane on the main map.

1 Like

Yeah, same here!

Whenever I select another player or a friend from the world map I get an instant CTD.

Selecting a random departure point, runway, or gate absolutely fine no issues.

Glad it not only me that’s noticed this bug

Now we have a 500MB update and a world update, I still have the CTD issue. The same 0xc0000005.
Fault bucket - 1728003535098919723, type 5.
Hope Asobo can do something.

Are you all trying a PMDG aircraft? I can load into other aircraft, but as described, whenever i try the 737 it CTD’s on “fly now”.

So my PC does CTD when starting the MSFS2020 program. The load status bar gets to about 40 or 50-ish percent and then it just crashes. I’ve been monitoring this thread for a week hoping to find a solution but so far nothing. I literally just attempted the WU10 for Canada. It downloaded what it needed to, but again as the simulator itself was loading, my PC did the CTD again! I’m not sure what is causing this. I have an NVidia GeForce RTX2070 graphics card. I saw something about the Nvidia cards potentially having an issue with DX12 within the release notes by Asobo for SU10, but Nvidia did a driver update earlier this week for my card - which I downloaded hoping it would solve my CTD issue at program startup and nothing. So I’m literally at a loss of what to do or who to contact. All I can say is MSFS2020 would start up and run just fine until the SU10 update and now I can’t even enjoy my hobby. Deeply frustrating. Asobo, are you listening or watching/monitoring this thread?? There’s several of us that need a fix. Please help! My PC specs are below:

Intel i7-8700 @3.70GHz
Windows 10 Home 64Bit OS, v21H1 with OS Build 19043.2006
NVidia GeForce RTX2070 with driver version 517.48
32GB RAM

Gurus :rofl::rofl::rofl: They probably Googled how to fix it when they got there! Some guy on YouTube said do it this way let’s do that :rofl::rofl:

Nothing like patching over a patch… Think it’s time for bandages or plastercasts now :+1:

Hey thats what most people do here isnt it? I know the fix, go into reg and turn this setting to 0 instead of 1, or if you do a total reinstall of windows, then when hopping on one leg while rotating to the left that will fix it … I’ll stick with the nekid goat dance fixes any problem any time.

1 Like

I’m getting tired!! Disabled fullscreen opt. enabled Nvidia debug mode, played arround with graphic settings, sfc/scannow, tried almost all workarounds I was able to find. I’m afraid to start a flight, only to get disappointed by a CTD. Asobo please, your product is unplayable. =((

Same Error: 0xc0000005.

Ryzen 5 3600
RTX 2060 Super
32gb Ram
Win 10

I think I got my sim working again !
What I have done was change the graphic setting to medium and make small adjustments on shadow.
Then I use TAA, turn on V-sync and set to 50% refresh rate.
Now I have done a 35 mins flight, and TPE-HKG-TPE flight (In sim time 5Hrs) without crashing.

If you are running out of ideas what to do, maybe you can try my settings.

Mine wouldn’t even start in safe mode this morning, about 5 hrs in to a full re install of msfs :yawning_face::yawning_face:

Since the SU10 update, I have not been able to fly. All good up until clicking “Ready to Fly”, then CTD. For a time I was getting a “The memory could not be read” error, then just CTD with no error. Now back to the memory could not be read error again. I’ve tried just about everything but a reset or reinstall, hoping this will be addressed before having to go through reinstalling.

Have you tried relaunching over and over again to see if the sim ‘catches’ and will actually run. This morning being an example here it took 5 CTD’s before I could actually get to the airport and fly, and then the performance was dismal at best.

I’ve tried over and over many times. Same result. I’ve never had problems until this update.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Not sure what OP’s steps means.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

I get a CTD every time I click Start to Fly since updating to SU10. Never had problems before. Sometimes I get an “The memory could not be read” error, sometimes no error, just straight to desktop. I AM able to fly in the Destinations module. I hope this gets resolved. I’ve followed as many workarounds as I’ve been able to find, but no help.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Fault bucket 1599167045803452784, type 5

The problem you encountered is different from me. I never crash at the click of Start to Fly. My problem was the sim would crash every time after I got into the cockpit for 5~30 mins, sometimes on ground, sometimes in flight. The error code in the event viewer was 0xc0000005, faulty model sometimes shows VCRUNTIME140.dll, but most of the time FlightSimulator.exe.
Yesterday I found that I too have the problem that Sim would CTD when select another player or a friend from the world map. But this is not a big deal, I’m satisfied as long as I can fly normally without CTDs.

Have you tried this post? MSFS Application Error - memory could not be read
And this one? CTD in World Map!? - #22 by PhoenixHahn

I was too optimistic. I fly TPE-NRT today and got 2 CTDs with VCRUNTIME140.dll, and the always 0xc0000005. Seems I have to do some more debugging now… or just wait for Asobo to address it and fly P3D for now.

That file is part of the Microsoft Visual Studio

Be sure Winodws is completely up to date…current version is 21H2 19044.2075 don’t forget to check the ‘view optional update’ category.