CTD's are caused by Data Connection Online Functionality. The current fix is

to turn OFF the Online Functionality in the General Options>DATA>Data Connection. I saw it in the YouTube video by “737NG Driver”, and no more CTD’s. Definitely the issue is on the MS side with its servers that provide online functionality.

Just had a successful flight after yesterdays two CTD`s. What I did yesterday was a SFC /scannow check on my computer. It did find some corrupted files and repaired them. I have no idea if that got anything to do with that but I just had a successful flight on the same route I tried yesterday. Go figure.

1 Like

Check the YouTube video titled “Why I’ve UNINSTALLED GSX - Part 2: What’s causing all those CTDs at the moment?” by 737NG driver to better understand the reasoning behind the fix.

Hi ,

nice you seams to have fix it.
What corrupt files you mean ?

Well I don´t know much about computers but this is what I found from the log:
2022-08-21 18:35:38, Info DEPLOY [Pnp] Corrupt file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\bthmodem.sys
2022-08-21 18:35:38, Info DEPLOY [Pnp] Repaired file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\bthmodem.sys

What is the impact of turning this online functionality setting off?

It is mostly cosmetic. You lose World Graphics, Photogrammetry, Live Real Air Traffic, Live Weather and multiplayer features. MS ATC remains functional. The graphics in the sim look bad, but if you mostly fly at FL300 or higher, then at least you can complete your flights. This is just a temporary fix until MS/Asobo figures out what’s wrong with the Online Servers.

thank you for the quick response. :slight_smile:

Workaround not fix :wink:

5 Likes

Correct. Pardon my ESL. HaHa. This is just a workaround until MS/Asobo fix the issue with their online-functionality servers. However, they have been mum about it and no admission to having an issue that is causing many CTD’s as of today.

I think the mods have been pretty clear that Asobo are aware and workjng on it

3 Likes

Hello @ViewedQuasar810,

Perhaps you haven’t yet looked at the main topic where this CTD is being discussed. Members of the MSFS team have made 25+ posts specifically about this issue in that thread.

For your convenience, you can also track all Community Team posts by clicking the link in the hamburger menu shown below:

Thanks,
MSFS Team

3 Likes

Flight time 02:14:52 - photogrammetry on, bing data on, live weather on.
No CTD :wink:

1 Like

Do you think that the Data Connection issues have been resolved, or did you do something else? Thanks

Nvm now CTD :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you! I’ll begin tracking

1 Like

um did you heard about the survivorship bias :wink: It is not because 1 person can make 1 full IFR flight without CTD that there is not an major issue to fix for the thousands of others !

2 Likes

Read again carefully, please :wink:

1 Like

I had two uneventful approx. 2 hr flights with no CTD, and with ONLINE DATA OFF, but the third flight had a CTD on final approach. The only difference in the third one I added my community folder back. so, NVM.

1 Like

I do the same every few weeks … as well as the

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Seems to keep me away from CTDs… :+1: