CTDs caused by 3rd party airports

I had constant CTDs with LFOU (bought at the MSFS marketplace) and EGTB (bought via ORBX direct).
Both airports crashed while loading when they were installed together. When I removed LFOU I had no problems with EGTB and vice versa. But as soon as I had both installed CTDs occured.

I contacted the developer of LFOU and asked what the most recent version of this airport was. He told me that it was 1.1. Unfortunately the MSFS marketplace still holds 1.0.
Since I knew that a friend of mine bought LFOU at simmarket I asked him about his version of the airport. It was 1.1. I updated to 1.1 and never had any problems with it in conjunction with EGTB.

Same problem could occur with KTIW when you bought it at the MSFS marketplace. It’s an old version and the current one is 1.1.0 at ORBX.

So it doesn’t seem to be a good idea to buy 3rd party airports at the MSFS store since they do not hold the most recent versions and are not even updating them.

4 Likes

The Updates on the ms Marktplace are so Slow, why do we have to wait weeks? A big Minus of the Marktplace.

4 Likes

LFOU crashes for me, as do the other airports. One by Macco simulation and another Azurpoly.

Reported to developer, they can’t fix it, reported to MS , no response.

1 Like

What is your version of LFOU? Did you buy it at the marketplace?
This is the most recent one which works for me: LFOU Version

The main problem of CTDs for me was, that nearly every addon airport I bought at the MSFS marketplace was outdated and therefore caused crashes in combination with other airports. Most of the time the developer already has a fix for CTDs ready but it has not been (and maybe never will be) published at the marketplace.

Another deadly combination I found out leading to CTDs:
KITW (marketplace)
EGTB (ORBX)
As long as KITW is not updated EGTB will CTD.
I bought KITW again from ORBX and have no more problems. This cannot be the way it is meant to be. ASOBO must deliver updates much faster!

3 Likes

I had not realized that addons from the MSFS store got updated less frequently.

Good feedback, thank you. I bought half my airports from there, but from now on, I think I´ll be doing it directly from the original developers.

1 Like

I have also the same problem with same airports mentioned here. This evening however, I had an handcrafted Asobo airport (KSEA Seattle-Tacoma International) doing an CTD.
So, it is also Asobo’s own airports!

Do you get the CTD at Seattle ALWAYS or SOMETIMES? I think that CTDs which occur only once or twice are most likely system related (RAM issue etc.). But if you always get CTDs I would bet that a faulty library used by an outdated 3rd party airport is the cause (see screenshot from ORBX central and FSDT updater below). Then only an update by the developer will help. ORBX and most other developer keep their libraries up to date and this is essential for all airports to work.

Download

By the way: I never got any CTDs using the out of the box ASOBO airports.!

I did read here about Pilot Plus EGTB - Wycombe Airport interfering with ORBX madeTacoma-Narrows and Asobo handcrafted Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.
Because I was having CTD with both airports every time, I wanted to fly from there, I did remove Pilot Plus EGTB - Wycombe Airport. After that no CTD in the Seattle Area !!
Still having CTD with third party payware bought via Marketplace: LFOU - La Cholette Airport, LSGS - Sion Airport, GSGM - La Gomera Airport.
I had contact with the developer of GSGM - La Gormera Airport and he has no problems when he starts a flight in MSFS 2020.
Maybe Asobo should install all third party payware airports, sold via Marketplace and test them if they interfere with other airports. Before the America Update, I did not have any CTD problems with any airport.
On this formum there are also people, believing that Asobo doesn’t update the payware content in Marketplace. But I discovered that at least Red Wings LSGS - Sion Airport was indeed up to date.

I cannot see any version progress for the Sion airport by Redwing at the MSFS marketplace.
On the Redwing website the most current version is 1.3.8 and they released a fix for the marketplace version:
Project LSGS | Red Wing Simulations (redwing-copter.com)

1 Like

Same issue here. I bought the ORBX KTIW from the marketplace recently and its version number is 1.0.2 and you are saying the ORBX version (if I bought it from them directly) would be 1.1.0. Probably why I can’t spawn at KTIW or any airport near it as long as Pilot Plus EGTB is installed. And if you are interested in more details: Forums - Orbx Community and Support Forums

Yes, current ORBX KTIW version is 1.1.0 and no more problems with EGTB and KTIW installed.

It really would make things easier for all, if every webshop would post a version info for their products. I only know ORBX who do so.

3 Likes

Unfortunately I have to agree with this. Uninstalled all third party addons yesterday (except for Carenado ones) to see if the random CTDS go away.

Another difference between the publisher and the MSFS shop is KMIA. Still no update.

ASOBO-shop:

LVFR-shop:

I too, contacted Red Wings and hardly could believe their reply. I downloaded from thier website the updates, special for those who bought the scenery on MSFS Marketplace and now NO more CTD.

1 Like

it’s really sad I have KTIW and CHOLET it is impossible to play with them because they are not up to date I will not buy anything in the market place

LFOU and KTIW have been updated in the marketplace. Just reinstall them. Should work now.

Thank you I download you but it is still version 1.0.0. it’s strange I’m going to try I would see

indeed now the download is in 1.0.2. patch thank you very much for your help

1 Like