CTD's with Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x000000000258a8a9 Faulting process ID: 0x32b4

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Both yes and no

Brief description of the issue:

Since the last sim update I am getting random CTDs with the following message in the event viewer:
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000258a8a9
Faulting process ID: 0x32b4

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Try to play MSFS

PC specs and peripheral set up:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

I have the same problem

1 Like

Only IFR flights, where there is microsoft or third-party add-on on the scenery!
Did some tests, deactivated a couple of things, made a MemTest too… Nothing helped.
VFR is working still :smiley: so, flew over the areas where I would have the CTD and slow&low is working …
Eagerly waiting for windows, nvidia, and msfs updates :smiley:

This update brought me a lot of unstabilitites, since the last 3-4 updates!

Fehlerbucket 2163096458043588010, Typ 5
Ereignisname: MoAppCrash
Antwort: Nicht verfĂĽgbar
CAB-Datei-ID: 0

Problemsignatur:
P1: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.31.22.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
P2: praid:App
P3: 1.31.22.0
P4: 00000000
P5: FlightSimulator.exe
P6: 1.31.22.0
P7: 00000000
P8: c0000005
P9: 000000000258a8a9
P10:

Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x000000000258a8a9
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x0x838

How much ram do each of you have in your system? I have been having this problem too with fsltl running with a system managed pagefile. I have found that with my 32gb ram I need to set a virtual pagefile of min 16000 and max 32000. This has stopped all 0x0000005 ctd’s. Might be worth a try setting the same page file.

will try this - I have 32 physical and 4 to 8 virtual, system is using 4800 MB virtual at this moment
what really is annoying: the game uses ~ max 18 while playing - so why so much virtual?

no changes by turning up the virtual memory, though - I installed yesterday the new nvidia driver - 431.61 and the in-game stability is better (used to crash on the settings map before flight while zooming in), I could finally land in Frankfurt with the pmdg 737 … anyhow I had now some “30 - minutes” crashes while flying low and slow - VFR … after the second start of msfs I deactivated my streamdeck, msi afterburner and discord … and no crash … so still looking for the solution … I think I am still not there

I used to have a constant CTD while descending into Frankfurt - but not always at the same spot

well the failure code looks like the same but I do not think that there is a certain pattern of the CTD

n.a.

2163096458043588010, Typ 5

yes

no system updates since it happens again (for 2-3 days)

x

Fehlerbucket 2163096458043588010, Typ 5
Problemsignatur:
P1: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.31.22.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
P2: praid:App
P3: 1.31.22.0
P4: 00000000
P5: FlightSimulator.exe
P6: 1.31.22.0
P7: 00000000
P8: c0000005
P9: 000000000258a8a9
P10:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: FlightSimulator.exe, Version: 1.31.22.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: FlightSimulator.exe, Version: 1.31.22.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x000000000258a8a9
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x0x9818
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x0x1D9709A3A6B4526

Same issue. Same 0xc0000005 code.

Even after a very much clean Windows installation: Downgraded to Win 10 from Win 11, wiped out all hard drives on my PC.

No add-ons in the Community folder.

Every flight crashed after around 25min from airborne.

Unplayable.

2 Likes

I just came in to see if others are experiencing it. For about the past 2 weeks I’ve been getting this CTD after right about 30 minutes into a flight, with various aircraft. I’ve updated nVidia driver, cleared cache, removed any new items in Community folder; no improvement.

4 Likes

narrowed it down to msi afterburner and/or discord → streamdeck runs while flying although it hits error messages to the eventmanager and .net framework if there are buttons/functions which are not mapped in the sim

Hello @Super275327 ,

Hello,
Could you please give more information other than “Try to play MSFS”? When did this happen? On starting the sim? While flying? What aircraft were you flying? (Were the aircraft modded?) Where were you flying?

What kind of hardware are you using? Are you also running MSI Afterburner? Are you running any other applications while this happens? Has this happened while on safe mode?

Do you have a video of the crash happening, and if not, could you provide one?

Since this is not happening to everybody, simply writing “Try to play MSFS” is not enough information to reproduce this issue. More information is needed. Thank you.

Hi @N316TS,

My CTDs are very random. Sometimes they occur when pressing the FLY NOW button, sometimes they occur after flying for five minutes, sometimes after flying for about 30 minutes.
Sometimes they occur with my addons activated, sometimes with a blank Community folder.
I have tried to isolate the fault by systematically de-activating certain addons, like sceneries, aircraft, enhancements etc. all without being able to pinpoint the offending source. Updated Microsoft Stores library, and performed disk scans etc. in Windows 10.

Since I only can see that the fault lies in the Flightsim.exe when examining the Administrative Event in the Event viewer, I have no clue where else to look.

Sure wish that MSFS could come up with a LOG FILE which would point to the offending folder or addon or whatever caused the crash.
X-Plane has such a Log.txt file for exactly this purpose. Why can’t Asobo or Microsoft create a similar one for MSFS???

My hardware :
i9 10900k @ 5.1 Ghz
RTX 3090
32GB RAM @ 3000
Asus Z590-E motherboard
M.2 SSD’s
Pimax 8kx ( I ONLY play in VR)
Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo when using a yoke, or Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS when using a joystick
MFG Crosswind pedals

Not using MSI Afterburner, but I do talk on Discord whenever I am playing MSFS or DCS. (BTW, absolutely no problems when playing DCS)

1 Like

Thank you! A couple quick notes:

They actually will be bringing one to the sim with World Update 13.

Since Atkamen mentioned Discord, you may want to try and see if removing that removes the issue for you, too. Unfortunately, that’s as much as I can help, since I am not experiencing this issue, too.

1 Like

Hi again,
Thank you for your input!
Just had a nice VFR flight without any problems. Like I mentioned before, these CTDs happen at random.

That would be a god sent! Looking forward to find out more about these CTDs. Hopefully I (and a lot of other users), can find the culprit.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

These types of crashes that occur after FLY NOW is pressed are almost always caused by conflicts with third party software or add on mods. An empty community folder ≠ vanilla state for MSFS. Apps such as GSX Pro, FSRealistic, overclocking/process management software, etc. can cause these types of crashes as well. Some of these apps will still leave remnant files that will affect MSFS even after they are uninstalled, so a clean installation of MSFS may be needed.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like

FYI: My CTD occurrences for latest MSFS version for the past month

All Exception code 0xc00000005

18 CTDs over about 750 Hrs of runtime ( Daily Development work).

Many are consistently at Offset 0xc002f12e4, but may well have originated from a cause in different places … virtually impossible for Users to diagnose what is happening and why.

Even with full source code & symbol tables, it’s still a VERY difficult task to determine why these 18 CTDs occur over 750 Hours of runtime !!

4 Likes

I had now 2 x 1 hour flights, VFR, not really graphic intensive scenery, with discord on - so I guess MSI afterburner was my trigger … let us see… with MSFS, errors never get boring (and their sources)

1 Like

As I posted a few days ago, I started CTD about 25-30 minutes into at least half my flights, and getting worse.
I removed from my Community folder:

• Rex airport textures (a recent purchase)
  • An A320 livery
  • PMS50 GTN750 that I swear I had deleted before but came back

Since then, 4 long flights, no issues.
Maybe coincidence, maybe solved. After another flight or two I will add back Rex airport textures and retest, 'cause I really like it, and Rex AccuSeasons have worked fine for me.