CTDs worse for me after Hotfix 1.18.15.0

Hi!
Unfortunately it makes no difference for me between OC and system defaults. Alwas when CTDs appear in both settings its .NET clr.dll …
But reinstalling WIN 10 is (for me) no fun …

So your system/FS is ok SU1-SU4, SU5 comes and several hotfixes and then you decide to reinstall? That’s the wrong approach. Unless MS tells me that’s the solution I’m waiting for them to fix THEIR problem.

3 Likes

I had a great flight in VR. Great performance and graphics. But just before landing i got a crash to windows. Lol

That´s what I was thinking, too… I never had any CTDs before SU5 an did not change anything in my (running) system right before SU5 came out… So the reason for the CTDs should be SU5…

3 Likes

Before Update 1.18.15.0 i never had a CTD!

Now i can’t play anymore. One CTD after another. Everytime i start a flight it ends in a CTD.

I hope this will be fixed soon… :frowning:

4 Likes

Literally just loaded sim up, input a flight Gatwick to Amsterdam and ctd even before I got into the flight getting annoying now.

1 Like

And again, I can’t even load into Gatwick!

1 Like

I have the exact same issue as you. Never had a CTD before and now thats all I get when I start a flight.

4 Likes

Guys, I manage to resolved my CTD issue. As for me, since I’m using ROG-STRIX-RTX2080S-O8G-GAMING GPU, I disable my ASUS apps called " ASUS GPU TWEAK II".

Restart PC, load SIM and CTD gone! amazing. However please do note that my windows is vanilla as I reformat my windows because of this usse and sim is vanilla as well.

Hope if anyone out there have same gpu as mine. maybe can try this way and see if its solved it. If not, I’m so sorry guys. Here the steps how to disable unwanted apps fro Zendesk helpdesk:

To disable apps on startup

• In the Windows Search bar, type “Task Manager”
  • Select Open
  • Go to the Start-up tab
  • Disable all non-Microsoft applications and services
  • Reboot the computer
  • Try launching Microsoft Flight Simulator again

To disable apps from running in the background wasting system resources

• Open Settings.
  • Click on Privacy.
  • Click on Background apps.
  • Under the “Choose which apps can run in the background” section, turn off the toggle switch for the apps you want to restrict.

Good luck guys.

1 Like

Unfortunately after disabling all apps on startup and killing all backgroung apps still CTDs (because of .NET clr.dll)… :disappointed:

Same here, every second flight MoApp crash. Happens since 2nd hotfix. I do not understand how they can publish this kind of creep and telling the user we solved the bugs from hotfix 1.
You did more or less nothing to solve, the opposite is the case. More bugs than before.

Fault bucket 1920993206593927364, type 5
Event Name: MoAppCrash
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.15.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
P2: praid:App
P3: 0.0.0.0
P4: 00000000
P5: FlightSimulator.exe
P6: 0.0.0.0
P7: 00000000
P8: c0000005
P9: 000000000136c550
P10:

Attached files:
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER73CD.tmp.dmp
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7545.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7556.tmp.xml
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7554.tmp.csv
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7565.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Microsoft.Flight_36732d75b35b1e4358513d7419ae76abc89dc1d4_0751fc29_ef57b949-ce8a-4a93-848d-4514c9da93d8

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 33eee6d8-2573-4d3e-93b6-0bf9d08feec0
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: b79ce581dcaf854b1aa8bd24bef838c4
Cab Guid: 0

Same error (0x0000000001a12757) I had been getting that I was able to fix yesterday through limiting FPS in the Nvidia control panel. 18.15 update this morning and its back. Before I was crashing in the flight load screen, no its when I hit “Ready to Fly” in the game.

1 Like

Well I never have that ■■■■ installed anyway, so not the fix unfortunately.

Same problem for me…
Before SU5 I never had any CTD’s. Since the big update my Flight Simulator crashes every single time without any messages or pop-up’s… both the first and the second hot"fixes" changes nothing… still have the CTD’s.

• community folder is empty
  • Live-Traffic disabled
  • Multiplayer disabled
  • Live-Weather disabled
  • AI-Traffic disabled
  • all marketplace addons disabled / deinstalled (except the World Updates)
  • I’am using a standard preset (“high” @ 2560x1440) instead of a custom graphic preset
  • in the setting section “traffic” everything is on “50”
  • I play without running “MSI Aftertburner” in the background instead of running it normally

I am absolutely at a loss. This game is really no longer fun, and I’ve always loved flying …
The “stuttering” when panning the camera has been fixed with the current hotfix. But that’s only a very small consolation.

PLEASE FIX THIS ASOBO

3 Likes

I guess I spoke too soon. I just got my first CTD since the fix changing the approach on a plan I created in Navigraph at KDEN on a flight from KSFO. I’m reloading now. Fingers crossed I don’t get booted again. It takes 35-40 min to load into this thing even with a beast rig.

1 Like

I don’t know what happened to FS2020, but these CTD’s are destroying the game. I did not fly for about 2 months and since last week I’m trying to fly, but I haven’t had that much CTD’s since I bought the game at launch.

3 Likes

Had a CTD with the FBW A32NX on the runway. This version has been more stable than the previous Hotfix.Make sure your addons are up to date.
I am getting that memory error now and then.

1 Like

The A330 was updated too. I updated that after I got kicked. If you’ve got that plane in your sim, I’d suggest getting the newest version, .0.2.2.

When I had the CTD I was on an older version.Did not realize a new version was out.

No CTD this time. Just a freeze loading the flight. Ugh…