CTRL-0 Instrument view edit for planes where view 10 is not straight ahead

If you fly a plane where CTRL-0 brings up some random view (like a side panel), then you can’t use the CTRL-0 trick to fix the VR toolbar interaction. You can change an instrument view by editing the cameras.cfg file.

If you like me and want to fly one plane or two in VR until they fix this SU7 disaster (bugfest of the year edition), but CTRL-0 (or any other) shifts the view too much, read on…

Find the cameras.cfg file in the plane’s directory. Make a copy in the same directory. Edit the original with notepad.

Scroll down until you find:

Title="PilotVR"

below that look for and copy:

InitialXyz= -0.532851, 0.059993, 5.500673
InitialPbh = 0, 0, 0

Your numbers will likely be different. These were for my DC-6.

Now find the section that contains:

UITitle="TT:GAME.PANEL_CAMERA_INSTRUMENTS_01"

That’s the section that defines instrument view 1 (or chosse another that you can afford to lose). I never use instrument view 1 when in VR, and CTRL-1 is easy to hit using the Braile method in VR.

Find the

InitialXyz = 
InitialPbh = 

section in that instrument view and replace it with the one from the PilotVR section.

Now CTRL-1 will have the exact same eyepoint position (XYZ) and head angles (PBH, pitch bank heading) as VR, so when you hit CTRL-1, nothing changes except that the toolbar will work and you can interact with whatever pops up (like the GTN750).

Sure, it’s a PITA, but in case you really want to fly a plane in VR with toolbar stuff, This will get you by until Asobo puts out the Gauloise and gets back to work fixing this mess.

9 Likes

Thank you for sharing.
I have discovored that many aircraft don’t have all 10 instrument views defined. Some have six some have less. If you change to instrument view 10 (Ctrl 0), and it is not defined for particular aircraft, then the view doesn’t change. You remain in your normal position, but all the menus and the toolbar is then working, as long you stay in that view.

It makes sense to use Ctrl+0 over Ctrl+1 because there are only a few aircraft that actually have a view definition for intsrument view 10. So for almost all aircraft you don’t need to change anything, because they have no view defined for Ctrl+0 anyway.

Now some actually have 10 instrument views, like the PC-6. With Ctrl+0 you look over the shoulder into the cabin. Using numbers is one way to do it, or you could perhaps just completely delete the last instrument view definition.

A true hero!. Thank you very much

Control+0 fixes the menu issue in VR but breaks at the same time the mouse settings for me. I can’t zoom into the cockpit panels anymore with the right mouse button after using control+0 solution

1 Like

Hi together, I have that issue with the MS JU52. But in the cameras.cfg there is no line with

Title=“PilotVR” etc…

Here is my cfg file for JU52 1939 for example:

[VERSION]
major=1
minor=0
[CAMERADEFINITION.0]
Title=“0”
Guid="{10691FA2-90CF-48A6-9D58-D32475737086}"
UITitle=“0”
Description=""
Origin=“Virtual Cockpit”
Track=“None”
TargetCategory=“None”
ClipMode=“Normal”
SnapPbhAdjust=“None”
PanPbhAdjust=“None”
XyzAdjust=0
ShowAxis=“NO”
AllowZoom=1
InitialZoom=0.35
SmoothZoomTime=5
BoundingBoxRadius=0.1
ShowWeather=0
CycleHidden=0
CycleHideRadius=0
ShowPanel=0
MomentumEffect=0
ShowLensFlare=0
PanPbhReturn=0
SnapPbhReturn=1
InstancedBased=0
NoSortTitle=0
NodesToHide=""
Transition=0
Category=“Cockpit”
SubCategory=“Custom”
SubCategoryItem=“None”
InitialXyz= -0.087995, 0.607939, 3.976435
InitialPbh= 13.464056, 0.062668, 16.828588
[CAMERADEFINITION.1]
Title=“1”
Guid="{601D1DA6-6314-458B-9CA8-1108565874BA}"
UITitle=“1”
Description=""
Origin=“Virtual Cockpit”
Track=“None”
TargetCategory=“None”
ClipMode=“Normal”
SnapPbhAdjust=“None”
PanPbhAdjust=“None”
XyzAdjust=0
ShowAxis=“NO”
AllowZoom=1
InitialZoom=1
SmoothZoomTime=5
BoundingBoxRadius=0.1
ShowWeather=0
CycleHidden=0
CycleHideRadius=0
ShowPanel=0
MomentumEffect=0
ShowLensFlare=0
PanPbhReturn=0
SnapPbhReturn=1
InstancedBased=0
NoSortTitle=0
NodesToHide=""
Transition=0
Category=“Cockpit”
SubCategory=“Custom”
SubCategoryItem=“None”
InitialXyz= -0.208047, 0.508953, 3.950633
InitialPbh= 13.101394, -6.222096, 4.638436

What do I have to change?

Thank you in advance.

Keep scrolling. It’s down at the bottom of that file under [CAMERADEFINITION.45].

But this is all what is written in the file. No more scrolling down… :slightly_frowning_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.