Curious exhaust gas jet

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and add-ons?

NO

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

NO

Brief description of the issue:

I am currently on my way from Heathrow to Dubai with the A320neo. After 2 hours flight time I changed times in the external view. Since much me these curious exhaust jets on. Of course they turn in the form as they are to be seen in the pic.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

yes

this also looked very strange lit up with night lighting.

yes, strange exhaust gas jet. This is definitely a regression.

seen on Xbox Series X

1 Like

Seeing this same exhaust issue on Xbox Series X, but only since the 40th Anniversary upgrade.

Seems to only affect my liveried planes. The default aircraft liveries seem to be fine.

Video of the exhaust effect uploaded to YouTube

2 Likes

Yes. I am using XBOX X

Flight seems to start OK, then contrails/heat effects get increasingly worse throughout. Also effects behind No.1 engine rotate anti-clockwise at differing speeds. no.2 engine is steady.

2 Likes

This problem is occurring every time I fly The Airbus A320 on the Xbox series X. The exhaust from the engines is creating a rippling effect on the back half of the airplane. If you are viewing the plane from behind, the exhaust also makes a rippling effect to my tv screen.

If relevant, providers additional screenshots/video:

strong text

2 Likes

I’m finding the same effect on PC starts out OK but gets worse over time in flight. I’m not in Beta! NVIDIA G Force 3060 ti AMD Ryzen 9 5900x 64GB 4000mhz

2 Likes

Any more info on this I’m having the same issue on series x

3 Likes

Same here, Xbox Series X. I noticed that with A320neos only, with custom liveries downloaded from the store. Didn’t happen yet with other planes.

1 Like

I’ve had this issue before, but it hasn’t shown up until recently. In short, engine exhaust heat blur looks like big bubbly balloons (see screenshot from PMDG 737-700). It doesn’t matter what aircraft (it all looks the same). While flying they look like a trail of balloons, which then disappear. Looks the same on the APU exhaust too.

Today the heat blur effect looked normal after engine start, but quickly turned to what you see in the attached screenshot - like a big exhaust balloon bubble.

I’ve tried both DirectX 11 and 12 within the sim, doesn’t seem to matter. Seems rather random too because yesterday heat blur looked normal. Today, not so much. I’m stumped and haven’t messed with Nvidia graphics settings at all from yesterday to today (Geforce RTX 3080Ti by the way, latest driver 528.02 installed).

I’m maxed on graphic settings (3440x1440 resolution), using Nvidia DLSS Super Resolution on the Quality setting. Runs acceptably well under these settings.

Any suggestions on where to look for a solution?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Xbox for me. However, I have noticed it more at lower level approach

1 Like

Clearing the DirectX cache in Windows 11 worked for me. Heat blur is now as it should be. Not sure how you do that on an XBox as I’m on PC, but if you can find out how to swing it try it out.

1 Like

Anyone found a fix for Xbox starting to really annoy me now as this is the one with all my liveries on.

Tried uninstalling and re installing etc

1 Like

On Xbox I have deleted the local cache, but it didn’t do anything. I have uninstalled the game completely and reinstalled from scratch, but to no avail. Liveried planes from the app store still appear with this weird exhaust gas effect, if not at take off, eventually during the flight.

1 Like

But not all liveries, so I’ve just settled on a few that don’t give me the issues until fixed.

I hope they fix it soon. It is really annoying…

Yes, I’m hoping it gets fixed soon too. My hours in the game have dropped to almost nothing since it started.

I have now checked through all the liveries that I have purchased for the A320 Neo. All are by 4Simmers. Only one of the 4 separate packs I have installed works correctly, and that’s the one containing “Retired” liveries. All the other packs of current liveries produce the strange exhaust gas effect.

Is this a 4Simmers issue? I don’t know, because they all worked fine for me before the 40th Anniversary update for the game.

Same here, it happens with 4simmers liveries only, but in my case it’s quite rare (just 2 times in several weeks). Never happened with other aircraft. I never used the A320neo with default livery, anyway.

1 Like