Current state of the Deluxe and Premium Deluxe aircraft?

Be very aware of the 787.
It can be a wonderful plane to those with whom it works well. It does look nice.
To others, it is very frustrating and a total waste.
It seems to work OK on some set-ups, but with others, it won’t work at all.

The Longitude is similar, but only with the A/P issues you noted, the rest of it seems nice.
There is also a mod which will cure most if not all those A/P issues that can arise with it.

If you have had any similar issues with the default planes so far, consider staying away from these.

If not, they can be worth the money if you look at it from a total purchase perspective.
Also, you probably should wait and see what the results of this upcoming Sim Update are.
I suspect there will be a big improvement with the default planes.
If that is so, and these issues fixed, it’s a no brainer decision.

I have to be the only person that legit enjoys flying the 787. I have over 300 hours flight time and 90% of it is in the 787.

If you have had any similar issues with the default planes so far, consider staying away from these.

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve had autopilot problems with B747, basically it’s been dropping the assigned approach and heading direct to the runway, in which point I’d have to disengage the autopilot and land by hand. The Asobo A320 had similar weird issues, the plane having ideas of its own and different from mine. A32NX of course works really well though. Other than that, no problems with the other aircraft, but I always use Working Title mods for their avionics. Hard to say if these are the kind of problems that you meant, as you weren’t specific.

Yes, I’ll probably wait for the world update, as I have a hunch that Aerosoft might release their CRJ at that time… :slight_smile:

No you aren’t!!! :smile:
I don’t fly it a lot as I really enjoy the A320 CFBW mod. and I don’t do longer hauls.
I did have one instance where I had some issues.
After I finally got to the bottom of those, since then, the 787 has never given me a problem.
I do enjoy flying it.

It’s somewhat like that old commercial, “Those that like it, like it a lot!”

1 Like

Right! I’m in love with it lol.

1 Like

Well, I’ve heard positive comments about it from others as well. There is the XE mod for it too, but I’m not aware how much it improves its systems. As @TheSevenflyer mentioned here earlier, perhaps B787 is more system dependent than others, so the experiences may vary.

1 Like

That’s a navdata issue, not the aircraft.
They all will do that at times.
It has to do with the way MSFS places a waypoint that is missing some information MSFS uses.

What I was referring to were issues like not following the flightplan at all, crashing as soon as A/P engaged, those kind of issues that required settings changes to cure.

Sorry, you’re right. It’s the engine screens I’m thinking of, which don’t work to the same level as in the Bonanza mods

787 is awful, and improvements will be minimal at best because Microsoft won’t unlock the jet to be modded like they do with the 320. Longitude is okay, but you don’t get a lot of systems that work properly. The CJ4 is much more advanced in terms of systems, thanks to the hard work going into the mod. The scenery addons are okay. However, I find that FSDT and Flightbeam ORD and DEN are light-years better than what you get with the upgrade. There are a few other airports in the upgrade that are pretty nice. So, it’s really up to you in terms of what you’re looking for. If you want the 787, I’d save my money and wait for the QW787 to be released in a couple of months hopefully. If you want the scenery, it’s worth it. For me, I’m neutral. I got it- was really disappointed with the 787, but happy with some of the scenery.

I bought the Premium just for the SR22. I don’t think I’ve logged any hours in it this year. Even with the inop mixture (seems that may have been fixed?) the aircraft simply doesn’t “feel” good.

I logged dozens and dozens of hours in the Eaglesoft SR22 in FSX. This model “feels” nothing like that one. It isn’t any one single thing, it is a collection of small things that make the SR22 “feel” less than satisfying to fly.

1 Like

The engine screens for lean assist and such are not a function of the G1000 mod. Those are baked into the plane mod, like the two Bonanza mods, DA62X, C172, etc. The WT mods happen to support that if the plane mod has them baked in. Since the Baron can’t be modded, this will never happen on that plane.

2 Likes

This is definitely one thing to seriously consider when it comes to upgrading to premium editions. The fact that they will never get the community mods. I wonder if Asobo has the resources allocated to improve their aircraft to the level that community mods offer.

No Jorg Neumann the head of MSFS has stated that won’t happen.
That is a market for 3rd party developers that he isn’t willing to get into.

Have a read through this interview.

The context in that article is doing advanced / study level aircraft, not basic aircraft included in the sim. Microsobo will not take planes to any advanced level. That’s for 3rd parties. Microsobo have been pretty clear on their stance on that for months now through various Q&A sessions.

What Breezewind is asking is about fixing the sorely lacking PD edition planes that aren’t even up to the already rudimentary standards of the Standard Edition planes, not about creating study level aircraft out of them.

Unlike the standard planes which there are a lot of mods to fix basic broken ■■■■, we can’t do that with the DRM locked PD planes.

4 Likes

I took that differently, my bad.
I thought the OP was referring to making the aircraft like the 787 to the “study level” as seen on the Xplane A320 etc, which indeed, would then fit into that advanced type category.

The state of many of the PD planes is pretty grim. It would be nice if Microsobo could at least bring them up to par with the standard edition planes, since they can’t be modded to fix their shortcomings.

To actually give them a little ‘extra’ and actually make them worthy of the words “premium” and “deluxe” would be nice. But I’d be happy with them just being up to par with standard, which is what I expected when I bought the PD upgrade. And I was wrong.

1 Like

Long story short…Don’t waste your money. Wait for the 3rd party devs to get up to speed…might take a while, but your wallet and satisfaction factor will be a lot happier.

1 Like

with the @ScorpionFilm422 GNS 530 mod

FIFY

The PFD and MFD of the Cirrus can be modded now that we have the Aviator liveries now with access to the panel.xml, although, that actually could have been done before as it’s just the G1000.

Unfortunately, the flight characteristics are still locked away. I imagine, however, that a flight_model.cfg could be created by somebody knowledgeable. Systems.cfg would be more difficult without the base file.

If it were me, I’d probably start with the DA40NG and go from there. The POH and Systems manuals for the SR22 are readily available. I’m sure somebody with a little experience could do at least a good a job as Asobo did. Possibly even make the buttons accessible with some help from ModelConverterX?

Oh yes, I use it so often I forgot it wasn’t part of basegame. If you use any GNS530 aircraft you MUST get the gns530 mod, its spectacular. Thanks for reminding me

1 Like