Current version of MSFS

Could someone please tell me what the current version of the sim is.
Thanks

Regards

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/release-release-notes-1-13-16-0-world-update-iii-united-kingdom-now-available/365854/2

Thankyou, needed to check

Hi!
Version information you can always find in #community:news-and-announcements where the post is newer with a beginning title of “[RELEASE]” or [HOTFIX].

Known Issues can also be found here:
KNOWN ISSUES (Last modified: Feb 18, 2021) – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

You can check the current version you have by opening your profile picture/name on the top right corner.

I’ve updated USA and Europe update. I’m on 1-13-16-0. I didn’t update the Japan update. If I update Japan, will I stay on 1-13-16-0? Not sure if Japan’s release before I purchased msfs2020. So if it was, did the update happen when I installed the game?

Guys, thankyou so much for your responses.
Actually, I knew but had a dumb@@s moment

Your Sim version will always be up to date no matter what. Because you can’t fly the sim without the latest update.

World Update, is a completely separate thing. It’s like a DLC. You get this by claiming the free content from the Marketplace, and you download this through the content manager. So even if you download the Japan update, it just adds it to your collection of sceneries, airports, update packs. It doesn’t change your sim’s version at all.

Further updates will apply too. If there’s a World Update 4 in the future (wherever that is) your sim will get updated to that new version. But you will still don’t have the World Update yet, you have to do this step separately after updating the sim, claim the World Update 4, and it will download the content separately after that.

Thank you so very much for your response. I haven’t had any issues so far with the game. I didn’t want to start before asking.
Thanks again

Now it is 1.13.17.0

1 Like

Hello everyone,

With the Hotfix released today, the latest version is 1.13.17.0

3 Likes

Can you put this number in the main banner or as an header on the main page somewhere? If we are not watching the forums it’s hard to know what MSFS is deciding to install, there is no information when after the sim goes through the ‘Checking for updates’ and tells me what the new update is, even if it just tells me to update to whichever version number is needed. Sometimes funky things happen and I wasn’t aware the hotfix was imminent today, I was panicking that the sim wanted to do a full reinstallation which has happened in the past with a few users. Even though it’s great here for that kind of information, not everybody is glued to the forums, I just fired up the sim without coming here first. Some front end information would be great on the initial download page at the Microsoft store at least.

Closed as the topic has been answered.