CYTR ILS Approaches Offset

I should add, I don’t have a paid Navigraph account, but generally Simbrief works fine with the A320. Occasionally a flight plan discontinuity to clean up, but that’s usually it.

Make sure your approach is set properly in the MCDU and ILS info auto populates when you get to the descent phase. You can do it manually if you want in the NAVRAD menu.

I will try all of this, I do generate a new flight plan in simbrief. Do you start cold and dark and just put the departure airport in msfs planner and then load flight from load menu in the sim or do you load from mcdu/flypad? There are so many different methods online, a bit confusing.

Shoot I meant to ask. I usually use simbrief for fbw, if i load the flight from simbrief for my cessna using the load screen in msfs would i likely land centre line cytr? Or is that something that would not work?

Yeah, lots of different methods. Regarding fight plans and ATC, this does not work flawlessly. FBW has tried to make syncing the fight plans work, but it’s not perfect. They talk about syncing options and the settings in the flyPad along with limitations.

If you can follow the example I posted above (I’m not the best at explaining) it will show you.
How you start doesn’t make a difference.

Question #2 just posted.
No, only if you use Navigraph data in the sim.
MSFS uses meteoblue, which is OK in Europe, not so good elsewhere.

So by saving a flightplan in simbrief and loading the flightplan (not sure if there is a cessna choice in simbrief when you select your airfram) into msfs this is navigraph isn’t it, lol, I am confusing myself, sorry.

Sure. No problem.
Two companies make the navigation data we are talking about with the sim, Meteoblue, which is owned I believe by Airbus, and Navdata.
This is also realworld data.
MSFS uses the Meteoblue.
Meteoblue is very good in Europe, as mentioned, not so good elsewhere.
What has happened in this case is that meteoblue has placed the ILS transmitter in the wrong place.
Navadata has it correctly. Navadata is much much better than meteoblue.
A susbscrition to Navigraph will allow you to use their data in the sim instead of the default Meteoblue
Simbrief uses Navigraph, as it is owned by them.

One more thing to remember, the actual navdata is updated regularly. If you use Simbrief without a paid Navigraph account, it uses an older dataset when you plan online. I think it’s currently from early 2020.

If you have a paid account, you can import that new dataset into MSFS and also use Simbrief with that same updated dataset, then there should be no disagreements.

As I said, I don’t have a paid account and things are close enough for me to not cause serious issues.

1 Like