DA40-NGX Improvement Mod (v0.10, SEP 30, SuX)

You make my day !

Render scaling was 70% instead of 100%, don’t know how this has been modified : MSFS update or NVIDIA update or myself without knowing how I do that, but yep now it is perfectly sharp !

Thanks a lot. @Haddock314945

(DA40-NGX Improvement Mod (v0.7.5.2, Mar 2 ) - #573 by Haddock314945)

2 Likes

Seems strange for me but it’s good to be solved. Previously I’ve also used 70-80% (1080 struggled with 4K even on medium-high settings) but I do not remember such visual effect. I think it might be introduced with latest “hidden” graphical engine “update” a few weeks ago since when I’m experiencing awful screen tearing so had to fix the FPS to 30 since any FPS values not in sync with my display’s 60Hz would result in awful graphics. No, no changes in Nvidia driver or sim graphics settings…

Can anyone help me out with the event/ variable to set to switch the Xfer pump on? I’d like to park that on the stream deck

1 Like

Can you use local variables on the stream deck?

With the Axis and Ohs Interface or the Flight Tracker Stream Deck L: variables can be manipulated. If they are setable via simconnect.

Ill see if I can add some local variables to things.

Any chance you can connect the BARO controls to the PFD like in the DA62? Currently BARO controls are changing the “steam gauge” altimeter.

1 Like

Has anyone figured out a way to map the DA40 fuel transfer pump to a switch on their Bravo throttle? (Or any other peripheral?) It’s the only thing I have to do with my mouse right now, and it’s bugging me.

I tried assigning the different “fuel pump” and “fuel transfer” settings in the MSFS control config to buttons, but no dice.

1 Like

Lots of controls in the flight deck are code variables with no key binding option to them from the game directly.
Using tools like FSUIPC or SPAD.next you can find out most of these variables (if they’re available for the tools) and program your device axes/buttons to them.
I’ve bought SPAD.next for my Logitech Flight Panels (switch + radio) to make the better for the CRJ but it has turned out that it adds a lot of useful customization option to any other planes / control devices too. I’m planning to use this for the Bravo too when it finally arrives, I’ll find out how it can cope with axes and possible functions added to them.

2 Likes

In spad.next it’s coming up as the event “MSFS:FUEL_TRANSFER_CUSTOM_INDEX_TOGGLE”.

The current state is in the MSFS variable “FUEL TRANSFER PUMP ON:1”, so you should be able to make an on/off switch that toggles if the current value is not the desired one.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I’ve built a few peripherals for MSFS (and FSX) using MobiFlight and FSUIPC. But was hoping to find an existing in-game binding so I could use one of the switches on my Bravo. Guess I’ll look into custom events on the Bravo. Thanks again!

1 Like

Looks like there is an issue with the G1000 mod that’s been worked on (since the last MFS update broke it). Everything else about this DA40-NGX mod looks to be running fine though!

We’ve released an updated version of the G1000 to work with WU4, but unfortunately the functionality used to load the custom engine display pages has been somewhat crippled. Users who want to have the accurate gauges will now need to move the former contents of WTEngineDisplay.xml within the mod into the plane’s panel.xml. Hopefully @MrTommymxr can issue an update for this, but until then for folks who want to try it manually there’s a little more info here:

5 Likes

Is this mod still advisable with the most recent game update? I noticed the DA40NG was specifically updated for “speed, ground roll, fuel consumption”.

I believe you meant to respond to @kaosfere4829 ?

The mod overwrites those values, so you don’t need to worry about any clashes. I haven’t tried Asobo’s latest update of the default DA-40NGX, but I seriously doubt it’s as “fine-tuned” as this project.

I have tried this mod after the update and it is definitelly worth recommending. No excessive RPMs or other problems. One thing I cannot get used to are easy stalls during landing if not enough speed - I feel it stalls quiet often while speed is still on the white arc. But I do not say it is incorrect, just feels different than C152;)

Great news, thank you for the reply. I gave up on flying the DA40NG in game because it was so unrealistic. I am in flight training on it and also occasionally a C172.

I’m not sure what approach speeds you’ve been using in game for the DA, but IRL I am stabilized on final with full flaps at 80Kts, pull power to idle over the threshold and will touch on the 1000ft bars.

Yes, it’s extremely wortwhile.

I have flown the first leg of the new bush trip with the default plane because I had deactivated all my mods for the new install, and boy had I forgotten how bad the orginal plane was :grimacing:.

I’ve now flown two more legs with the Improvement Mod and it’s a pleasure to fly.

I still haven’t gotten around to adding the WT G1000 because I haven’t understood what I need to modify to make it work with v0.3.5, but then it will be perfect :ok_hand:.

It’s hugely different than the STOL-capable C152. The DA-40NG may be very fuel-efficient with its diesel engine and long wings, but the tradeoff is that it needs quite a bit more runway for both takeoffs and landings.

You don’t have to modify anything. It will work but if there are any custom engine pages those will not work. The mod author will have to fix it.